Is there anyone on Gold Coast who can eyeball a Cayenne for me?

Scott930

I am hoping it is possible for one of you, who is lucky enough to live on the Gold Coast, to have a look at a used Cayenne at Porsche Gold Coast for me, if so, please PM me (or reply here and I will PM you).

My little scheme of getting a second Porsche has backfired on me... I was chipping away at the wife aiming to add a 997 or similar to the stable when all of a sudden it went pair shaped when she agreed to another Porsche, but only to swap her car over for a Cayenne!*

*well it sounds like a good story anyway, even if the only bit that is true is she wants to swap her car for a Cayenne.

We recently bought an '08 Cayenne and are loving it .... smooth, comfortable and powerful.

If I close my eyes while fanging down the freeway, I am in a 997 .... or a 996TT .... or a GT3 .... etc, etc.

Great car. You will love it!

I might be able to next week , potentially gotta trek up the coast 

Thanks Symsy, I will let you know if we get that far in negotiations..

We recently bought an '08 Cayenne and are loving it .... smooth, comfortable and powerful.

If I close my eyes while fanging down the freeway, I am in a 997 .... or a 996TT .... or a GT3 .... etc, etc.

Great car. You will love it!

If my wife loves it, I might not get to drive it!

Same story here...

Then this happened!

Good luck, and if you're missus wants any pointers hit up MrsMcrev!

Geez, nice work!

I better get ready for being laughed at by her in my "slow old 930", especially when I am sweltering in it on days like today, whilst she is in perfect comfort!

Thanks to everyone who offered to have a look for me... the deal has been done.

My wife (and me!) now have to stay patient until they can find a transport company to get it down to Melbourne, which is proving difficult at this time of year.

I guess I will also now have to familiarise myself with the "4 Doors" section of PFA.

Thanks to everyone who offered to have a look for me... the deal has been done.

My wife (and me!) now have to stay patient until they can find a transport company to get it down to Melbourne, which is proving difficult at this time of year.

I guess I will also now have to familiarise myself with the "4 Doors" section of PFA.

Congrats!

We need some details of the car itself and as per the unwritten rule of the site ..... it didn't happen if there are no photos.

Look forward to seeing them .....

Congrats!

We need some details of the car itself and as per the unwritten rule of the site ..... it didn't happen if there are no photos.

Look forward to seeing them .....

It's a 2012 Cayenne S....

cd5357781091007548553_zpsfnwe1rgn.jpg

cd5231478267349498439_zpszp3qsdrd.jpg

Congrats! Do the fly-drive, would be a blast in the Cayenne. 

The thought did cross my mind! Unfortunately I am too busy with work, etc at this time of year to do it that way. 

Well done you'll love it. These things really are a giant sports car.

I am looking forward to it, provided I can get the keys out of my wife's hands!

• 3 weeks later...

It has finally arrived and now registered in Vic. Got a brief drive of it after a bit of begging the missus "can I have a go, when's it my turn" like the kids do.

Despite its obvious size, it drives and feels like a much smaller lighter car, so far I am impressed..

Ok, sounds like it might be fun, will give it a shot (but I think I might wait until it is only me in it!)

Good thinking ....

I don't dare do it while "she" is in the car .....

It turns off all of the safety features which "chokes" the drivetrain and turns it into a completely different beast ....

ENJOY!  ......

Archived