2016 - YOTC - a place to celebrate all things topless

turboT

What's not to love.....I'll contribute.

A 911 Cab is a far more exotic little number than a coupe. I'm old enough to remember how outrageously exotic these were when they were new.

The first Aussie delivered SC Cabrio, an Oct '82 build. One of only 43 sold here versus 444 SC Coupes and Targas- so less than 10% of all SC's that made it here were Cabs. Early cars like this have a full cockpit tonneau cover, manual roofs (no electric motors to go wrong) and rear seats unlike the Speedsters.

I have the matching 1st Aust delivered RHD '65 2.0 coupe, but the Cab get's used much more often.

911SC%20Cabriolet%20factory%20image_zpsr

SC%20Cab%20Nr%201_2_zpsliqmmdn3.png

SC%20Cab%20Nr%201_3_18.1.16_zpsncxju7vx.

The droptop really does stow nicely on that.  The later cars look very clunky in comparison. 

The early Cabs had the rare and super desirable tonneau cover option, a large second boot cover for the hood that stretches the length of the cockpit and clicks into some Dzus fasteners at the base of the windscreen on the dash. Practically and aesthetically a far better solution than the clumsy fiberglass clam-shells of the 3.2 Speedsters.

Available as an option only later on the 3.2's, few cars other than the early SC's had this 2nd tonneau.

DSC_5173_zpsfbwr3n2n.jpg

Archived