Mt Baw Baw Sprint

Pork Chops

Nah a bit of a long haul from Byron , but im envious , looks like a great bit of road , just googled it.

Good on ya for going .. love a bit of tarmac rally and sprints. Grab some piccys even if only off ya phone.

I figure this is the 'anything goes' part of the forum and most frequented area so....

Anyone going this weekend?  I'll be there tonight and driving tomorrow only.  See you at the pub if you're there.  I'm in a white 6.2 GT3 CS.

Unless you are in the only white 6.2GT3CS, it could prove to be embarrassing asking the wrong person if they are indeed Mr.Pork Chops.

You can navigate the forum via the 'new content' button on the top right of the page, this removes the need to post under more frequented areas of the forum as the new content will be displayed regardless. 

That aside its nice to see your pictures, have a great weekend and shame about the Rozzers trying to spoil the day. Lovely car too! 

Hydrocarbon removal. Wash. Dry. Mineral turpentine scrub in every nook and cranny. Wash and dry again. Phew. Will take most of the day on and off. Crying over new stone chips. But I did have the drive of my life yesterday. Anyone who has one of these cars and does not drive the pants off them is seriously missing out on one of life's best possible automotive experiences. I was in a trancelike state after the near full run down Baw Baw. Sliding. Locking them up. Trail braking. Front inside wheels in the air in turn in. The car simply turns on the slightest input but never bites. Not to mention the bark and wail of the unsilenced flat 6 spinning hard and happy. Sublime.

20A301FB-AFB4-4100-A12A-F558BF219814_zps

Did you just do the Tour Mr Chops?

I had planned on doing the tour but I changed my mind last minute - ended up just going for a run down the GOR and up to Prickly Moses Brewery.

I will be doing some of the other ones later in the year though. 100% in for Targa High Country, but will also look at Snowy River and the Great Tarmac Rally as well (I'm not around fro Lake Mountain in May).

Did you just do the Tour Mr Chops?

I had planned on doing the tour but I changed my mind last minute - ended up just going for a run down the GOR and up to Prickly Moses Brewery.

I will be doing some of the other ones later in the year though. 100% in for Targa High Country, but will also look at Snowy River and the Great Tarmac Rally as well (I'm not around fro Lake Mountain in May).

Hi Snowy, met you a few years back at Baw Baw and on SAU.  How is Troy?  Touring for me this time but I'm seriously considering throwing the front half of the cage in and having a crack at the competition.  Sick of driving at 2/3 pace.  I'm also considering the GTR and Snowy River but THC is too much for me at this stage and I'm not a fan of LM.  Baw Baw rocks though.

Troy is well - he was in the passenger seat again on the weekend. Thankfully it went a lot better for us than the last visit to Baw Baw did. :)

12729246_10154593857307564_1705312311784

Part of the reason I am looking at High Country is to do the 130km/hr GT Sports events which only needs the half cage. That said the mental conversation goes something like:

"There are still some pretty big tree's and the past off's I have had have all been on corners under 130km/hr so it might be wise to bolt in the front cage. Which means if you have the front cage you may as well just do the full event. lol"

But I think to start I will just stick to doing a Tour - they are still a heap of fun as I've already told a few of the PFA's I've met on here already.

Sorry I did meet you at Baw Baw. Always to busy to get on the forum during race weekend. I did see your car in the tour on Saturday. You missed out on a fantastic Sunday. With my nav turning a funny shade of green I led the Tour in the EVO X with Phil Brock (Thanks Phil) as passanger for the very long afternoon runs (28km stage).  While well under full pace and not wanting to be known as the person who put Phil Brock into the trees I still had a blast and the smiles on the other tour faces said it all. The 135 limit is not an issue at BawBaw as you would only get to it in a couple of places. Even in competition the poor little EVO only gets to just over 140. Average tour speed was 85kph. 

Whatever you drive the tours are a fantastic way to get out and give it a SPIRITED drive at a pace you (and your passenger) are comfortable with. 

Troy is well - he was in the passenger seat again on the weekend. Thankfully it went a lot better for us than the last visit to Baw Baw did. :)

12729246_10154593857307564_1705312311784

Part of the reason I am looking at High Country is to do the 130km/hr GT Sports events which only needs the half cage. That said the mental conversation goes something like:

"There are still some pretty big tree's and the past off's I have had have all been on corners under 130km/hr so it might be wise to bolt in the front cage. Which means if you have the front cage you may as well just do the full event. lol"

But I think to start I will just stick to doing a Tour - they are still a heap of fun as I've already told a few of the PFA's I've met on here already.

Nice wad, and he looks to be well as you say!

Sorry I did meet you at Baw Baw. Always to busy to get on the forum during race weekend. I did see your car in the tour on Saturday. You missed out on a fantastic Sunday. With my nav turning a funny shade of green I led the Tour in the EVO X with Phil Brock (Thanks Phil) as passanger for the very long afternoon runs (28km stage).  While well under full pace and not wanting to be known as the person who put Phil Brock into the trees I still had a blast and the smiles on the other tour faces said it all. The 135 limit is not an issue at BawBaw as you would only get to it in a couple of places. Even in competition the poor little EVO only gets to just over 140. Average tour speed was 85kph. 

Whatever you drive the tours are a fantastic way to get out and give it a SPIRITED drive at a pace you (and your passenger) are comfortable with. 

Hello!  Yes my buddies in the Golf Rs told me all about how Sunday unfolded and I'm spewing I missed it.  They were very happy with your pace and said it was about as fast as they could comfortably drive bearing in mind they drive to work in those cars on Monday morning.  Rippa little cars I reckon.  Baw Baw is the best of the series so I'm really disappointed to have to wait another year for a repeat.  It's s tricky balance getting the tour right as you need peeps to enjoy themselves and also to be safe.  Best thing for everyone is 'no dickheads' but that's often out of everyone's hands.

On another topic I wonder if this is where pace notes originated from?

http://petrolicious.com/this-is-why-sir-stirling-moss-mille-miglia-record-is-unbeaten

• 3 weeks later...

Tour lead was hopefully a one off even though it was a lot of fun. Am hoping the nav returns to a more normal colour for tassie and the next 3 rounds of the tarmac rally championship. If not a new nav may be on the cards or the car sold.

The tour has been revamped and is looking much better

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbxszlqrecsr4ka/ENTRIES ARE OPEN FOR THE ATRC Touring Event Lake Mountain Sprint.pdf?dl=0

Archived