Sourcing NLA engine bay stickers

D-banger

My ADR engine bay sticker is starting to disintegrate.

the part is NLA from Porsche.

I'm thinking my only option is to get it made up.  Anyone know people/companies that do this?

anyone else need same/similar sticker too?

image.jpg1_zpsvso9vm3l.jpg

There is a dude from Poland that sells engine bay stickers on Pelican Parts ....

From what I remember, they were really good repros .... was always selling them by the bucket load

I wish I could give you more info on him but I havent been on there for a while and can't remember his user name.

It shouldn't be too difficult to search the forum there and find him and hopefully he can help .....

Thanks guys.

A lot of of online stores e.g. like the bird, list this part number for sale.  When you order, they take your money and then the store tries to source the part from Porsche AG who then tell the store that the part is NLA.  The store then tells you the part is NLA and do a refund.

As the part is Australia specific and 20 yo now I hold little hope of sourcing the original.

Hopefully someone will know somebody who can "reproduce".

Money is no object :ph34r:

Ahh so the guy on The Bird is Car-Bone.

That's a shame.  I sent Car-Bone an email last week, with pic, and no response.  Maybe my request is not an economic proposition as the part/sticker is specific to Australia and so only a small demand.

I did hold hope of getting a response from Car-Bone since I liked some of their other work.  I might try posting my request on their FB page.

Thanks for input guys.

Any other ideas would be gratefully received.

Yep, Stalkbook is your best option to get hold of him. Send a pm AND post on some of his pictures.  Its the only way you'll get onto him.

I received some of his decals the other week and theyre very good quality. A mate working in the US at the moment ordered them on my behalf, so I have had no need to contact him. I have their email if you need it

Doug,

I replaced the same sticker on my 993 last year.  James at Autohaus supplied it.  Can't remember the cost but recall it made my eyes water......

thanks  Pete.   it's NLA from James too.  Are you going to Canberra this year?

THATS FABULOUS PATINA RIGHT THERE  

keep it that way  

unfortunately it has to go.  If I keep the car for 20 years then it will back to as pictured.

Hi Doug,

I resprayed my car about 18 months ago and was planning to do a replica myself, but the restoration shop ended up tracking down a brand new one.

If it's now NLA, then you're welcome to the word document text which I got pretty close to authentic.

You'll need to make some small changes, because mine's slightly different because it's a '95 car & sticker. Let me know.

Archived