H&R Wheel Spacers - Misleading eVil auction

WOKA

After a bit of a looksie last week I thought I'd worked out what I needed - some 14mm wheel spacers to sort out the offset on the front of my car..  

A bit of a trawl on eBay and I figure I found what I needed..  14mm wheel spacers that are hub centric with longer lugs to suit. Nice..  Ordered and paid for..

Jzc2qLk.jpg

Stupidly I trusted the picture and interpreted it as what I needed and what I should get..  WRONG..!

What I actually received were 2 x 7mm spacers which when sandwiched together make a 14MM Spacer (singular)    

Uq1yEJk.jpg

What a rort..!  Just a bit pissy but what can you do..? 

I suppose this serves as a warning to any would be purchasers to just check, double and check and check again the description and your interpretation of the pictures presented..

Not Happy..  What a waste of time..  $180.00 better spent on Vortex 98..

Depends how they were described and how you paid for them.

There are many advertised as "spacer" but illustrated as two or even four though sold individually which is misleading.

The alternative if paid by Paypal, is to enter a dispute, whereby if the item is wrongly received then Paypal will request you firstly send a message to the supplier explaining how they have made a mistake and if the supplier fails to rectify the mistake Paypal will refund the money by debiting the suppliers account,

Depends how they were described and how you paid for them.

There are many advertised as "spacer" but illustrated as two or even four though sold individually which is misleading.

The alternative if paid by Paypal, is to enter a dispute, whereby if the item is wrongly received then Paypal will request you firstly send a message to the supplier explaining how they have made a mistake and if the supplier fails to rectify the mistake Paypal will refund the money by debiting the suppliers account,

maybe.

Or, for full resolution, tell your bank that the goods received were not as advertised. Don't go to PayPal. Waste of time

Of course, if you misread the ad, then list them on ebay yourself.

I suppose this serves as a warning to any would be purchasers to just check, double and check and check again the description and your interpretation of the pictures presented..

Not Happy..  What a waste of time..  $180.00 better spent on Vortex 98..

Amen, I have mucked up numerous times over the years purchasing from the US.  It is what is, returning O.S is a PITA. I would just list it on the sale thread here or ebay and feed your new 911 to that vortex anyway. :) 

Its my mistake - It seems I did misread the add, but its all pretty misleading IMO..!

@graham1, I don't think its free post for returns.  Sure, free to return for a refund at my postal expense - to Germany at an Australia Post calculated cost of $115.00 :wacko: - I don't think that's really viable.! 

I'll see what they say in reply to my resolution request

Else -  @Mike D'Silva if all else fails and you want to try them on, maybe we can work something out..

Defiantly dispute the purchase. Not only is the picture incorrect so is the description. 

What you received are not hub centric spacers, yours are flat with no raised section for the wheel centre bore to sit on. 

Get your money back. 

On eBay, if the item is genuinely not as described (not weighing in on this one) then you can return the item and have the seller pay the return shipping, no matter what their return policy is.  Generally you'll have to stump up the return shipping but pay for signature on delivery and the seller is then forced to reimburse you original payment, original shipping and return shipping.

the return policy relates to 'it doesn't fit' or 'I changed my mind', not to supplying something that doesn't match the description or arrive broken or with parts missing etc.

if you buy with PayPal then you're pretty much guaranteed of getting your money back, and sometimes ending up with your money back and the item, if the seller balks at the cost of return shipping.  Just leave the emotion out of it and follow the procedures with eBay/PayPal and it will get resolved 100% of the time.

I have been on eBay since last century and PayPal since about 2002 and while I have had disputes, not once have they not worked out to a correct resolution.

where it tends to break down is when you pay cash or leave it too long to initiate a return or dispute.

• 2 weeks later...

And so on it goes to the most recent communication..  I have to pay the $124.00 postage on top of the wait and inconvenience..!

So much for buyer protection when it costs more time and money..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service to provide us the quotation for case ID XXX2344XX. We appreciate your timely response to help us resolve this case.

With this I will now place this case on hold for 15 days for you to return the item to the seller's return address:

Dick Rattler  (name and address changed to protect the guilty)

Hangover Str.1

Schwing

DE

After posting the item please get back to us and provide the tracking number so we can place it on the case for further reference. Please take note that tracking  number is necessary for you to be protected when it comes to return. Please post the item back at your expense as of now and it would be eBay who will pay you back. Please understand that it would take 10 business days for the refund of the return postage cost to be cleared to your Paypal account.

Thanks for choosing eBay.

Best Regards,

Jerrylou B.

eBay Customer Service

• 2 months later...

And so...  I send the spacers off to Germany and wait.. 

A few weeks later I get notification from eBay stating that unless I provide proof of delivery, they will close the case in favour of the seller - within 3 days.!  And I receive this notification on a Friday.  Obviously the receiver hasn't got the spacers back.   Monday comes, new week, forget about the POD.  Tuesday - notification received - CASE CLOSED in favour of the seller.  WTF..!  Now POD is a copy of the actual Aussie Post consignment note, not a receipt of payment which has the tracking number on it.  After a heated phone call to eBay, I get an extension to provide the POD for a few more days..  

A quick trip to the PO and luckily they have an archived copy of the connote - quick photo of which is emailed to eVil..  A few days later refund given - case closed..  What an ordeal.

One month later - a box of wheels spacers has just arrived at my office - unable to deliver to specified address..! 

Of course I'll be right onto and...

a:  Return the spacers to the seller at my cost ASAP

b:  Put the spacers up for sale in the FS section as they are of no use to me...

Three months and 3 times across the world..!  

Archived