Porsche side decal install

Stew F

I've been thinking about putting this style side decal on my sc. How far above the sill panel are they supposed to be? If someone would be kind enough to get a measurement that would be great.  Thanks.

images%202_zps7hbarzvh.png 

From what I have see there is no standard fitment. It also depends I if you have skirts or not. Singers seem to have it a bit lower as they don't have side skirts. If you have side skirts I would go around 20mm above the skirt. If you don't have skirts then have a look at the Singers. Basically put the lower line below the door and the "PORSCHE" above the door line.  

I think it's meant to be 50mm above the black rubber strip.

I did mine. A little bit crooked, not quite in the right spot but, meh, it looks cool.

Do it.

Did I mention the pizza oven in the workshop?

Well I'm sold! How about you Stew? Tee up a day at Luke's for cars, pizza and some sherbets? Probably just stand there and gawk at the cars and dribble s..t though

Well I'm sold! How about you Stew? Tee up a day at Luke's for cars, pizza and some sherbets? Probably just stand there and gawk at the cars and dribble s..t though

Hey Stew, make sure the stickers are on before the lids of the sherberts come off !

I'm up for that.

Wouldn"t they come with instructions ?  Here is a pic that may help, though not the style you are thinking about.

RMSPP009_zpslh9uy24o.jpg

This site lets you play with different colours

http://car-bone.pl/shop/porsche-script-side-strips-decal-set/

I had thought about removing the sill panels and putting red decals on, and painting the wheel centres red. But I don't have the cojonnes to do it.

I'm up for that.

I had thought about removing the sill panels and putting red decals on, and painting the wheel centres red. But I don't have the cojonnes to do it.

There's a white SC here, RS replica I think, with the red as you mentioned and a ducktail. Looks good

There's a white SC here, RS replica I think, with the red as you mentioned and a ducktail. Looks good

I saw that car on track at the Motorsport festival last year, looked awesome. Stew you should do it.

I'm up for that.

we can use plastidip on the wheels as a trial run. If you don't like it we can peel it off.

I'm up for that.

Stew, I keep telling you, paint the car Tangerine. It will save painting the wheels!

I was just discussing red vs black with JD. So Saturday morning I shall buy 2 rolls of insulation tape, print some letters, and see which one I like better. One side red and the other side black. Might even leave it like that. :D

Or a tangerine wrap.

Archived