Wanted 16 x 7 Fuch wheels (911)

hugh

The drawing above and all others I have seen measures backspace from the mounting surface of the rim to the inside edge of the rim not the centreline of the rim to the mounting surface, that is offset.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but most who know me would say a tool anyway.......in saying that based on how offset and backspace are measured I need to change what I drink if you can change backspace and not change offset on the same width rim.........

I'm still confused with offsets and backspacing, even when there's a picture!

Looking at the picture it was explained to me incorrectly,(or I listened incorrectly) when I was putting 4 pot brakes on my Alfa and needing either spacers to change the backspacing, or different rims to change the offset. I went for the cheap and cheerfull spacers.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a good look and found two sets of 16" x 7" (911 part number),the first set is pretty minty,  with anodised rim so I would put $1800 obo on those and the second set are straight and true with no gutter rash and still with anodising but need centres refinished @ $1300.

I will put some pics up when it stops raining here.

Archived