Wanted 16 x 7 Fuch wheels (911)

hugh

Hi,

I'm chasing a pair of 16x7 Fuchs for a 911 in any condition. Preferably straight but not fussed on cosmetic condition as they will be getting refinished anyway.

If anyone has a pair or a lead on a pair of genuine wheels that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers! 

Hi,

I'm chasing a pair of 16x7 Fuchs for a 911 in any condition. Preferably straight but not fussed on cosmetic condition as they will be getting refinished anyway.

If anyone has a pair or a lead on a pair of genuine wheels that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers! 

pick them up whilst you're in LA :ph34r:

http://msroadrace.com/Porsche 911 930 Fuchs Wheels 16x8 91136211700 PAIR*

Yeah the 16x7 have the same offset for both 944 and 911. The difference is in the backspace to clear calipers on the 944 turbo (951). So I'd reckon there'd be no problem fitting the 951 wheels to a 911 but maybe problems going the other way with 911 wheels on a 944 turbo.

Yes, I understand.  The seller quoted those wheels as 944 wheels.  But he's wrong - the only Fuchs 5-spoke wheels fitted to the 944 (only the '86 Turbo AFAIK) had a 951 part number for both front (951.362.115.xx where xx=90 or 00) and rear (951.362.117.xx).  I'm still puzzled why anyone thinks the wheels advertised are from a 944 other than what the seller said?

The point is that the wheels advertised were standard everyday ordinary 911 7" rims.  No extra clearance - standard 23mm offset, 112mm backspace.  Nothing to do with a 944 whatsoever.  Seems to me that this is precisely what Hugh wanted.  I'm just puzzled as to why Michel and Hugh thought otherwise...

The point is that the wheels advertised were standard everyday ordinary 911 7" rims.  No extra clearance - standard 23mm offset, 112mm backspace.  Nothing to do with a 944 whatsoever.  Seems to me that this is precisely what Hugh wanted.  I'm just puzzled as to why Michel and Hugh thought otherwise...

Simple. I didn't realise a 944 16 x 7 was the same as a 911 16 x 7. Shame I missed the auction due to this misunderstanding, but now I know. Thanks for the clarification. 

Hugh, they are NOT the same - the 951 (944) 7" rim has the same 23mm offset but different (125mm vs 112mm I think) backspace.

The point of my post was that even though they were advertised as 944 rims, they were not - they were normal seen one seen 'em all standard 7" 911 rims - the seller was simply confused which clearly confused everyone else.

If you're still interested, I have one that was refurbished by Depulu recently and another that they still have.

Cheers,

Mark

Yes - I have one refurbed by Depulu that's perfect.  I sent the other one back because I wasn't happy with the anodised finish.  They tell me it'll be about another month before I get it back :(  Given they're charging about $500 per wheel to refurb  I guess the price will be about $2200 with freight.

Giveme an email address or mob # and I'll send you some pics if you're interested.

Mark

I'm not sure how you can change the offset on any 7" rim without changing the backspace?

I'm with Ruby.  I'm not 100% familiar with 'backsize' but what else could it be than another way of expressing offset.  If one changes I bet the other does too and the table above seems to bear this out, and both will be measures of how far off the centre of the width of the rim the rim centre is located.  If there are 911 and 944T 7" Fuchs and the 944T wheels needed larger caliper clearance they will have a lower positive offset number than the 911 wheel (i.e. less than +23).  The table isn't conclusive IMHO as there is only one 16 x 7 noted, and the only one with a 951 part number is an 8" rim.

Someone who really knows the answer should post up as there is nothing I see in this thread that would give me any comfort on the matter.

That said I believe my car (911SC) has 951 fronts but TBH I've never had them off the car to check the stamps so they could be repros for all I know.

Remember, the internet is generally for confusion not clarity.

Excellent find.  From the above table see the bit we're interested in below.

Capture_zpsjdvwpirs.jpg

I'm still confused as if you look at the below I can't see how you can have the same wheel width and offset and the backspace be different.  If you use some of the online calculators if you adjust the offset the backspace adjusts too. 

Capture_zpsjtwvuqit.jpg

So.............does anyone have any wheels? :lol:

What wheels?

If the 944T wheels needed larger caliper clearance they will have a lower positive offset number than the 911 wheel (i.e. less than +23).

In regards to the above I'm not sure I've got this right.  I think spoke design is more the point with caliper clearance.  It's the dimension from the wheel mount to the inner part of the spoke that matters.

Remember, the internet is generally for confusion not clarity.

Backspace is the distance from the centreline of the rim to the mounting surface of the wheel,independent of the offset and could therefore be adjusted with spacers, or machining if thickness allowed.

Archived