So I bought an 89 Turbo 944

TINGY

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tingy

Car looks fabulous.  Plenty of discussion on the forums about "S" spec and I expect you've already found this site, apart from the obvious Rennlist and Pelican ones:

http://944turbo.net/

My records show 38 250hp 952s imported in '89 ("K" series), 15 imported in '90 ("L" series).  Rare beasts indeed, and yours looks to be one of the best around - mine has 211,000km.

I thought 38 may have been more like it

Great pick up mate.

I want your other one (both actually) but I think it's to good just to thrash on my the track.

come and get it mate would be good for that i reckon, drive to the track and home again, special price for you:ph34r:

Congratulations beautiful looking car...

I also used to have an Australian delivered 1989 India Red 944 Turbo.

Colour code was LM3A.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Nice, it wasn't this one was it, Canberra car originally.

I thought 38 may have been more like it

come and get it mate would be good for that i reckon, drive to the track and home again, special price for you:ph34r:

It's tempting.

Not ready to buy just yet.

If it's still around when I'm ready I will give you a call. 

Looks great mate. 

I was thinking about going to the cars and coffee meet on the central coast this weekend if the sky’s are blue. Keen?

Tried to send you a PM your inbox must be full.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update, get out and drive.

Clutch master cylinder is leaking so i will change the slave cyl while i'm in there, the exact same thing happened to me when i bought my 86 944, so this is what happens when your car sits around and doesn't get driven people.

It will be interesting to see if the same problems re-occur with this car as i had with the other one, similar story, driven approx 5000 kms in the last 5 yrs and sitting for long periods aint good for these cars, brakes, clutch, seals etc etc.

I would be interested if anyone else has the same problems with a garage queen they have found.

My car may not quite be a garage queen but it has been underused for some time.

Time will tell how it goes, but I have been warned that things may need replacing.... I just need to drive it some more to find this out first :P

Hi Mate, GREAT find in one of my fav colours.

Missed out one for $25,000 by that much (missed email) 3 years ago but the owner gave me the 968 as consolation.

Have to be in the right place at the right time - enjoy !

Cheers,Mark.

Noted Carsales today only 4 - 968 and 7- 944 Total.

• 4 weeks later...

Update, get out and drive.

Clutch master cylinder is leaking so i will change the slave cyl while i'm in there, the exact same thing happened to me when i bought my 86 944, so this is what happens when your car sits around and doesn't get driven people.

It will be interesting to see if the same problems re-occur with this car as i had with the other one, similar story, driven approx 5000 kms in the last 5 yrs and sitting for long periods aint good for these cars, brakes, clutch, seals etc etc.

I would be interested if anyone else has the same problems with a garage queen they have found.

Clutch master and slave cylinders changed today, pretty sure they were original, car is going great and seems to be very economical.

Took a friend for a quick blast today, had to test the cylinders, and he has had some fine motor cars in his day and he was blown away how the power comes on, "like nothing else i've been in before":D

Nice..  Yet to experience a 944 with Turbo..

I went to Melbourne recently and called into see my brother - was looking forward to taking his black 944 Turbo for a squirt..  The bastard dropped it to the trimmers that morning..  Coincidence or oversight..? Umm..

One day.

Archived