Fire extinguisher

Seems a bloody good idea! 

I've been in contact with an Australian supplier whose proprietor is a member here, Mikki

Hope it's ok with admin to post their trading name, Indian Automotive.

http://www.indianautomotive.com.au/products/shipped-blaze-cut-auto-fire-suppression-t-2m

Looked into these awhile ago, good idea and would buy you some time to get out another extinguisher. 

However the demo shows fuel just poured over the engine, which is not a real life scenario.

Its a different story when you add a high voltage ignition system and a high pressure fuel pump on a running engine. 

I totally understand that one, as I had 'kinda' thought about that scenario. An uneducated question here. If the ignition is off (as it probably would be when you see flames out the back) you would have no fuel flow or voltage in the engine bay yes? 

It would buy you some time, yet theres no way I wouldnt have an extinguisher onboard. I have one, yet will be buying a second bigger one soon.

Replacing old fuel lines and two fully charged extinguishers in each car is the peace of mind solution for us amateur drivers.

You can make a point for carrying FE in your daily ; you may just save a life as it's not just old cars that catch fire.

http://www.indianautomotive.com.au/products/shipped-blaze-cut-auto-fire-suppression-t-2m

Looked into these awhile ago, good idea and would buy you some time to get out another extinguisher. 

However the demo shows fuel just poured over the engine, which is not a real life scenario.

Its a different story when you add a high voltage ignition system and a high pressure fuel pump on a running engine. 

I agree. I have been to countless car fires, and when they take hold they are not that easy to put out. It could work, as mentioned, at least to nock it down until you get the extinguisher out. That is if you even notice that it had happened....  It is better than nothing though.

Archived