Yours has rear seats! I thought the Oz delivered cars didn't have the rear seats? I've only seen the UK imports with them.

What's the story?

maybe 15. And 25 if it was a white Aussie turbo that was running and driving ?

I think maybe $15-20K for the left hooker might see it move. But $25K for an Oz delivered Turbo? Maybe if it was a real basket case. Otherwise, good luck with that.

Yours has rear seats! I thought the Oz delivered cars didn't have the rear seats? I've only seen the UK imports with them.

Its a personalised UK import and been in Aus for about 15 years now. Was a lady owner before me, so it was very sparsely used and she sold it when she returned overseas.

The one that had about 50 Porsche badges on it ?

Was cheap but you'd buy the red one on Gumtree first surely? 

I didn't see that one. What was the story with the black bonnet? Front end collision?

Dubious about most of the "cheap" 944s I've seen advertised ... many look like classic money pits :(

Interestingly, I got a carsales alert on the Red 86 Turbo on carsales for $58,000. Still asking $58,000, couldn't see any other changes in the comments section, so what's with the alert?

Mind you, compared to what else in on carsales at the moment, it's starting to look not half bad value at $58K... I think I'm succumbing to the drip, drip, drip of ever increasing asking prices. Someone slap me! :P

I didn't see that one. What was the story with the black bonnet? Front end collision?

Dubious about most of the "cheap" 944s I've seen advertised ... many look like classic money pits :(

Interestingly, I got a carsales alert on the Red 86 Turbo on carsales for $58,000. Still asking $58,000, couldn't see any other changes in the comments section, so what's with the alert?

Mind you, compared to what else in on carsales at the moment, it's starting to look not half bad value at $58K... I think I'm succumbing to the drip, drip, drip of ever increasing asking prices. Someone slap me! :P

It was junk. Parts car really. And unlicensed.

I would like to have a look at that $58k 944, or, can someone go and have a look just to see what it really is like. It does look stunning.

Personally i think maybe he should have put upwards of $60k on it and been neg, then he may have got he's $58k, price is firm and no time wasters is a dead set put off for me.

Maybe those time wasters can create a bit of interest for him through a forum like this;)

Still want to see it though:)

Trying to somehow get some interest going?

I had an alert on another non-porsche i'm interested in come up saying sold, then the seller range me to negotiate?

wouldn't a black bonnet simply be a rallye fashion item or, I was hammered in the forest statement?

I'm liking my 944T more n more everyday.. post detail its scrubbed up rather nice

What did the alert say? They don't send them out for changed dialogue.... from a private seller vehicle,there's only an alert if it's only changed price (up or down 3% or over), Interest is increasing for a car you've saved, or car has been sold or removed. From a dealer vehicle they can send an offer of a reduction in price, incremental, even $100 less.

I would like to have a look at that $58k 944, or, can someone go and have a look just to see what it really is like. It does look stunning.

Personally i think maybe he should have put upwards of $60k on it and been neg, then he may have got he's $58k, price is firm and no time wasters is a dead set put off for me.

I don't mind "price is firm", in some ways you know exactly where you stand compared to neg. prices. The "no time wasters" bit is probably unnecessary though, but perhaps you do get some people who don't get that "firm" really means "firm". Dunno, I've never sold a car that way.

What did the alert say? They don't send them out for changed dialogue.... from a private seller vehicle,there's only an alert if it's only changed price (up or down 3% or over), Interest is increasing for a car you've saved, or car has been sold or removed. From a dealer vehicle they can send an offer of a reduction in price, incremental, even $100 less.

It just said "1 car found: Porsche, 944" in the title, and in the body of the message:

Hi there,

We've found the latest results matching your search alert criteria.
Edited by Plugger2

I don't mind "price is firm", in some ways you know exactly where you stand compared to neg. prices. The "no time wasters" bit is probably unnecessary though, but perhaps you do get some people who don't get that "firm" really means "firm". Dunno, I've never sold a car that way.

It just said "1 car found: Porsche, 944" in the title, and in the body of the message:

Hi there,

We've found the latest results matching your search alert criteria.

As Michael says firm means nothing, see how firm it is when waving the reduced $$$ under the nose.....

Re Carsales , I'm assumed you got the alert because you already had it saved? - if so strange for that alert to be sent to you...and if not already saved I assume you have a saved search for that model? Carsales shenannigans, it must be the Russians hacking!!!

As Michael says firm means nothing

Perhaps to you (and possibly many others), but if I say "firm" in an ad, I actually mean it.

I have done this in the past selling various things, just never a car. Maybe the expectation with car selling is just different?

And maybe that's why the "no time wasters" rider is actually necessary? :lol:

I've seen car dealers use similar wording in the past, and have been surprised to see the cars sell quickly.

In any case, yes, it is on my saved list (I want to be notified the instant the 944 market officially goes completely bonkers), but there is still no change in listing status, so why the alert?

Edited by Plugger2

Price the car in the sweet spot and you need not say anything - firm, fixed, negotiable, no plonkers, just stocking filler text.

There are cars however that due to their currency, are as fixed as a sellers obstinacy can be.

End of the day it don't matter that much as collector gem or shopping cart another opp will come round, though form of it and marque may alter. Usually for most by dint of dumb luck and timing, for some through diligent and patient research.

End of the day this is another PFA thread and not the market:huh:

Price the car in the sweet spot and you need not say anything - firm, fixed, negotiable, no plonkers, just stocking filler text.

You missed "secret". "Secret" pricing is the most sophisticated method of all... I'm selling my car, but I won't tell you how much I'm asking!

Too sophisticated for the likes of me, which is why I just assume the P in POA stands for "Plonker". :P As you say, no additional text necessary!

You missed "secret". "Secret" pricing is the most sophisticated method of all... I'm selling my car, but I won't tell you how much I'm asking!

Too sophisticated for the likes of me, which is why I just assume the P in POA stands for "Plonker". :P As you say, no additional text necessary!

Yes there have been various examples of 'secret' pricing some quite recent.. but again if you are confused on the pricing of my turbo, clearly stated in the for sale thread.

Why would you say that? You assume no-one reading this thread is actually actively looking to buy a car? What an odd thing to assume...

yes perhaps odd but I proudly wear that. No I meant this is  a digital space and speculation, we are not standing on what is a bloody hot day in some backyard in a far western suburb of Sydney or a dusty shed out back or Corowa. Nothing otherwise meant or intended.

Edited by michel
edited where to read wear

Yes there have been various examples of 'secret' pricing some quite recent.. but again if you are confused on the pricing of my turbo, clearly stated in the for sale thread.

As I mentioned earlier, I must have missed it then. So if it's not a secret, how much?