The RSR search continues...

hey guys,

following my attempt to join this exclusive membership with a recon (& PPI) of the carsales RSR at  duttons.... I've spotted another car, but just a plain old backdated RS. The price is a bit high for me but that seems to be the go nowadays. I have considered going down the project route by getting a basic stock crappy shell and then spend a motsa getting up to RSR status (dream of singer now)! But I'm not a techo so I feel it's fraught with too many risks. So to minimize me having a budget catastrophe this car has it all done, just add wide body flares & new wheels and job done. Happy days.... & Well within my limited capability... (I hope).

Going to take alook this weekend... Report back next week.

Oh, btw its  an 87 3.2 (man coupe) with a stock 993 engine & g50 box. Sounds ok... Hope it actually works,

btw,

q1: where can you get 17" fuch rims in melb?

Q2: do any of you  melb dudes meet anytime? Love to catch up and chat about things backdated ...

q3: any feedback on my approach welcome... (Thanks for helping a RSR newbie)

cheers

philbee

Djm - thanks mate

hugh - yep (how'd u know it's at the h factory?)

there is a rumour going around that all the the new cars at HF are owned by a PFA member claywong (and his dad). He also owns the orange backdate that is online and a converted 930 also recently looks like it sold. They went on a massive shopping trip last year and seem to be offloading quite a few cars. Could be up for a bit of negotiation...

there is a rumour going around that all the the new cars at HF are owned by a PFA member claywong (and his dad). He also owns the orange backdate that is online and a converted 930 also recently looks like it sold. They went on a massive shopping trip last year and seem to be offloading quite a few cars. Could be up for a bit of negotiation...

thanks TT good rumour... I also heard something about the owner bought 2 cars and is now in Darwin. So that lines up. It's good when u have lotsa pesos to spend, eh? why buy just 1 when u can buy 2..!!

so Hugh, a HF guru? Got an Austen Healey?

so Hugh, a HF guru? Got an Austen Healey?

No affiliation, just am always keeping an eye on whats out and about. No Healey's for me although wifey does have an MG. 

Easy to spot their ads huh Hugh! Easy as Duttons, CTS, Lorbeks, RSR, a couple of other Sydney ones and definitely Autohaus'!! That's a nice looking car Philbee, if it's in great nic, shave 15% off and whack the cash on the table and see what happens ....everything to gain! It is a looker!

Buy this, A$100k.  There's the small matter of flights, shipping, reg etc but it's an RSR rep!  You'll spend close to that to get a decent base 964 here to then throw LOTS of money at.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C727742

or pop over to Denmark for a more serious RSR rep:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C693825

or this, wow

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C691267

Doubt you'll find anything like this locally.

DJM, thanks for all the links but ur assuming I'm loaded! The last car Is 90k that's $180k Aussie pesos.... Oops! Plus add duty, shipping, gst., etc... Cha-Ching, there's $200k!! A little outa my league unfortunately. I'm just a worker bee!

also, they look a little hard core racers, I'm a bit soft on racing side and more on the classic look with just a bit of track work on occasion. 

But wouldn't rule out a uk import... Never done it but can be a good saving from what I noticed on stock 997s, etc.

The first link (blue one) is A$100k (exchange rate is at 1.73).   A better approximation of an RSR than the local Orange $138k ZAG backdate. 

The first link (blue one) is A$100k (exchange rate is at 1.73).   A better approximation of an RSR than the local Orange $138k ZAG backdate. 

oh yeah, it's about 100 and good one too by the looks! and with duty, gst., etc... Maybe 120, 130...

Ta-da!  I am the new proud parent of a bouncing baby backdated black RS from our mates out at HF !! Although labour pains have started and been a little painful this week, delivery is due in another week all progressing well. Gotta get through a few hurdles next week... RWC, permit pare work & pics, etc.. Oh yeah and hand over a suitcase of mulla!

I hope to go to the German fest car thing  in stkilda rd (melb) at end of Aug.... Any of you see black backdated RS with red decal, pls say gidday! I'll be the one hugging it with a big smile of my dial... !

Very happee philbee

Good on ya philbee, that's a helluva pretty car. I had a really good look over it and don't know whether you paid the full whack of 130k but it smacked of quality and visual impact was absolute tops! The 3.6 with the g50 would be a good feel and whilst I thought the 3.6 looked a little underwhelming under the hood and not as pretty or suitable as the usual 3 or 3.2 zag go with, its a hot rod after all and more power on tap is always a bonus. Zag don't do much to pretty up or hot up the engines usually but a few bolt on blingy boy racer parts would make the engine bay pop like the rest of the car. Congrats mate you've hooked and landed one that stands out in the Porsche crowd

Good on ya philbee, that's a helluva pretty car. I had a really good look over it and don't know whether you paid the full whack of 130k but it smacked of quality and visual impact was absolute tops! The 3.6 with the g50 would be a good feel and whilst I thought the 3.6 looked a little underwhelming under the hood and not as pretty or suitable as the usual 3 or 3.2 zag go with, its a hot rod after all and more power on tap is always a bonus. Zag don't do much to pretty up or hot up the engines usually but a few bolt on blingy boy racer parts would make the engine bay pop like the rest of the car. Congrats mate you've hooked and landed one that stands out in the Porsche crowd

thanks sandy, yeah I love the look too. I'm not a yellow or blue RS kinda guy, so this one caught my eye. And yes, the g50 with the 993 crank  she's a bewt mate! Ur right, it's a stock engine & no bling but stay tune.... Things to play with & throw cash at!

No comment on quality. Though shroud is one area, bit of fan detailing

http://sheridanmotorsports.com/porsche911.html

Put PMO injection on it if you want to  spend? 

I have no idea what a shroud is but thanks for the link.... I know now. Worth a thought...!

And here's my 1st attempt to add a pic, as per MFXs request: 

image_zpsfqhaqtv0.png

Archived