Merry Christmas and a Happy new year !

P T

You've got a great girl there NJ. Looks like a keeper!

I was out today looking for a card for my KK when I came across this.

IMAG0639.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

Thought it amusing and suitable to lots of us at a different time.

To all of you who share this little bit of cyberspace with me, have a merry and safe Christmas.

To those not of the Christian persuasion, have a great festive season and holiday.

Look forward to PFA in 2013. SMTs, Canberra run, car park chats............

Great to share it with all.

Merry Christmas everyone and have a safe break (if you are getting one). It has been a great year. I have learnt alot about Porsches, met some good blokes, laughed allot and are looking forward to more in 2013.

How about a Xmas toy run next year

That's an interesting idea Harvs. Maybe even a drive in the cars for the kids who may be disadvantaged? Or some older people for that matter who may be in a respite or similar???

I suppose that may then cause a problem with insurance etc, plus you may need a "working with children" authority

Hmmmm just food for thought... Open to any other thoughts or ideas

That's an interesting idea Harvs. Maybe even a drive in the cars for the kids who may be disadvantaged? Or some older people for that matter who may be in a respite or similar???

I suppose that may then cause a problem with insurance etc, plus you may need a "working with children" authority

Hmmmm just food for thought... Open to any other thoughts or ideas

This was a spur of the moment suggestion. I hadn't given a lot of thought to it but all the issues above would have to be considered. Perhaps keeping it simple is the answer.

I've no experience in these sort of events but I was thinking along the lines of everyone meets somewhere after a SMT run. Each attendee donates a gift. These could be given to a charitable organisation like the Smith Family or Salvo's to distribute to those in need at Christmas.

This was a spur of the moment suggestion. I hadn't given a lot of thought to it but all the issues above would have to be considered. Perhaps keeping it simple is the answer.

I've no experience in these sort of events but I was thinking along the lines of everyone meets somewhere after a SMT run. Each attendee donates a gift. These could be given to a charitable organisation like the Smith Family or Salvo's to distribute to those in need at Christmas.

No worries Harvs, I didn't mean to sound like I am dumping it on you to organise. Just thought instead of dropping the toys and heading off, it would be nice to take some kids for a ride around the block in a Porsche. Something they will never forget.

I am happy to make some enquiries with some group like Camp Quality or similar. See what is required from them to allow the kids in a car. I have dealt with CQ before on a fund raiser, (WYNN's Safari way back in 1985)

WYNNSSAFARI_zps7f750eae.jpg

then if it's not too hard to do, put it up for thoughts from the forum members.

Interested in any ideas or suggestions re organizations or even if it is worth pursuing....or does it sound like we would be being elitist? Comments ........

Excellent Harvs, I'm sure if we can organise a "sh#t load of porkers" and there is not too much red tape, a couple of smooth dudes like ourselves could get a plan together. (Or anyone else interested in assisting)

Maybe even an Easter thing??? Instead of Xmas.

Being a ROF (retired old fart) happy to do some leg work

Need feedback and ideas re organizations such as Camp Quality, or Make a Wish, or whoever people think.

And Would you be prepared to join in and volunteer your car and yourself for a couple of hours.

If we get enough interest I will start a new post

Hi Harvs/Niko,

Sounds a great idea and would love to do it myself, but being a realist, people like myself can't commit far enough out. This event would need forward planning and COMMITMENT and I think numbers will be the problem.

So besides a Plan you will need a Timeline to get numbers fixed.

Good luck - my hand is halfway up.

Cheers,Mark.

Thanks Mark, I am inclined to do Easter, better weather (not red hot) Good Friday (29/3/13) is always taken with the Good Friday Appeal, so thinking maybe the Sunday 31/3/13 or the Monday 1/4/13.

Down side I would think we may lose some possible volunteers due to the holiday period.

I am also hoping to gain a little publicity for the Forum via the HERALD SUN coming events in the DRIVE section of the Friday paper leading up to it. (will check Kerry first on that side of it though)

Lets see what interest is shown by the PFA members over the next week and then make a decision as to whether it is worth pursuing. I think we would need at least 10 cars +.

Keep your hand half up at this stage..

Hand half up at this stage!!!!!!

The Mrs and I were only recently discussing that we don't really give enough back to the community.

Good stuff, thanks T man, keep your hand half up at this stage

Thanks Mark, I am inclined to do Easter, better weather (not red hot) Good Friday (29/3/13) is always taken with the Good Friday Appeal, so thinking maybe the Sunday 31/3/13 or the Monday 1/4/13.

Down side I would think we may lose some possible volunteers due to the holiday period.

Lets see what interest is shown by the PFA members over the next week and then make a decision as to whether it is worth pursuing. I think we would need at least 10 cars +.

Keep your hand half up at this stage..

Great to see the community spirit being expressed here. I like the idea of volunteering our group to add some fun to a planned event run by one of the charity orgs.

I'm thinking Easter is a bit soon to get things organised, weather can be dicey too. Holiday plans might be a bit of speed bump in getting numbers, although the 11/11 SMT showed we can certainly fill a car park.

Perhaps a date later in the year like November or early December to allow for an event before the full Xmas madness kicks in could be preferable.

I think it's time for a dedicated thread for the Charity SMT.

I am also hoping to gain a little publicity for the Forum via the HERALD SUN coming events in the DRIVE section of the Friday paper leading up to it. (will check Kerry first on that side of it though)

While a charity event like this will attract some attention, I'm not too keen on promoting the PFA in the papers/media. I kind of like the "under the radar" style of things. It doesn't take much for the "elitist" tag to get thrown around.

No worries Harvs, new thread going on tonight. You may be right re Easter getting close, happy to leave it till later in the year.

Re the publicity, I will leave it up to Kerry on that one, but respect your thoughts on that.

Archived