993 Exhaust Mod | Melbourne Recommendation

Pork Chops

Just to add my late comment it was good to catch up with Pork Chops & Okrassa Kid for a serious 993  trashing outside the Trak Bowling Club those muffs sure sound sweet. Just finished my version of the Fister 11 clone so it was an fabulous  symphony. of three ! 

You've just reminded me how funny it was when the Kid took off up the street and clipped the limiter.  Neighbours must have been good and annoyed with us all!

• 3 months later...

To those with fister cans:

Did you send your cores back?  Was freight expensive?  Is it worth getting the heat coatings?  I'm looking at the II's - Are they going to piss of my neighbours or police?

Darin at FD managed to source some second hand mufflers and modified them into Stage–IIIs. No ceramic coating, just regular 20yo patina!!! Cost may have been around $1K AUD including shipping. 

The sound of the Stage-IIIs is nothing short of obnoxious! Absolutely fantastic. Always try to be careful when leaving the neighbourhood early morning. ........and yes, the police do pay attention to them when they are screaming near redline. Even the standard mufflers exceed the mandatory db level allowed for the 993 by the EPA.....ask me how I know!

This is the exhaust that Porsche should have had as an option.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/05/2020 at 18:35, YellowDieselGolf said:

I managed to grab a set of standard mufflers today.  Has anyone modified their mufflers since this post from 2016? :D

I can further vouch - as many above have - for the Fister exhaust. As soon as Darin developed the 964 version, I ordered one. Extremely happy with the result. I sourced a secondary muffler from a second hand parts store in LA (LA Dismantler), had it sent to Darin and he did the modification and sent it to me. Very simple process. Great resulting sound.

15 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

I can further vouch - as many above have - for the Fister exhaust. As soon as Darin developed the 964 version, I ordered one. Extremely happy with the result. I sourced a secondary muffler from a second hand parts store in LA (LA Dismantler), had it sent to Darin and he did the modification and sent it to me. Very simple process. Great resulting sound.

I believe there is a similar silver 993 video show casing said fisters?

Found it

• 2 weeks later...