magic coffee table.

Niko

Actually I am deemed not quite competent enough to complete washing machine and dishwasher tasks to required standard.

My role is to work (the paid kind) , do the above tasks at work as/if/when necessary , and to do whatever work is required outside the home , at any time that is convenient or inconvenient to me. Plus some (all) home handyman indoor work. But best not to approach cooktop at any time , even for boiling eggs.

Complex maybe , but 29 years of happy marriage it's all good :) 

That is so funny i could not stop laughing, probably applies to a lot of blokes i know, gotta take my hat off to the girls though, they certainly keep the household running, mine does an awesome job even with a full time job, i help too.

i help too.

yeah.....sure you do:P

I'm under similar restrictions.   I'm not even allowed to mow the (her) lawn.:mellow:

re boiled eggs.   I only found out the other day after reading an article on how to cook the perfect poached eggs...

that if you poach eggs you have to wait till the water is boiling before putting the eggs in.:wacko:

All these years I had been putting them in the cold water in the saucepan and then boiling them up.   Wondering why the white stuff always stuck to the pot.

but 46 years together, it's all good..:wub:(Well most of the time)    Plus I can now cook poached eggs :D  

ybut 46 years together, it's all good..:wub:(Well most of the time)    Plus I can now cook poached eggs :D  

I tend to turn on the gas , turn it down a bit when it boils (so as not to make a mess) whilst I go and feed the chooks , then forget to turn it off after later removing cooked eggs. Gas still running at 4.30 when she gets home. Dropped the knitted tea cosy on it last week, too scared to tell her. You know how it goes Niko after all these years!

yeah.....sure you do:P

that if you poach eggs you have to wait till the water is boiling before putting the eggs in.:wacko:

All these years I had been putting them in the cold water in the saucepan and then boiling them up.   Wondering why the white stuff always stuck to the pot.

Yep i do, can cook, clean, wash clothes etc, and i can cook eggs any way you want Niko, when you leave home as a young fella you learn pretty quick how to look after yourself ;)

That magic coffee table is probably the norm for a lot of blokes, gold video.. Funny story - the division of labour for about 10 years in my old family home was about 80/20, me doing 80 and her 20 (she was a kept woman). I once went on "strike" years back and stayed away from my business for a month and didn't do one thing around the home, and didn't do one thing for the kids but play with them and homework stuff, and I put no money from the business into our account. She had to pay for the food and bills out of "her" money (which was actually "my" money) > Took her 2 weeks after general arguing "ät" me and escalating to physical from her end, to play the I'll take you for everything you've got card and then the Ace, the "you'll never see your children again" card. I relented 2 weeks later and she got a decent job 2 weeks later and then "her" money became my money and the division was restored to about 60/40. Best thing that ever happened! except for me leaving 3 years later after she fractured my skull, and life has never been better for the last 10 years!!

Haha, I have the magic laundry chute at home, where I leave the clothes on the floor next to the chute (not actually in it) and they magically re appear neatly back in the wardrobe. 

My wife actually complains that at the fire station we all take it in turns cooking up a storm, but when I get home I have no idea in the kitchen ;) .

Laugh laugh laugh Niko, coz I have been since she clobbered me (with a ceramic lampbase ouch!) , laughing heartedly. I hooked up with the best girl on earth 8 years back and have lived 20 years of fun and adventure in those 8 (and I've had the 3 kids living with me for the past 8 years too, bonus!)

Archived