Replacement Pedal and Footrest Boards

Stardust

Hey all,

My old plywood pedal board was falling to pieces, and the footrest was plain old, so I had these groovy carbon fibre replacements made.

McConaghy Boats Sydney did them for me (if you know offshore racing yachts, you'll know McConaghy's).

Ignore the blue tape - they were thinking of spraying non-slip in that area.

Was thinking of painting a green "Go" sign over the pedal board. What do you think?

,Pedal_Board.thumb.jpg.2b530856f6869726ea 

Hi MFX

The carbon fibre will last for eternity. Wipes clean with a cloth. The clear coat (two applications) can be easily sanded and reapplied.

I've seen their carbon stuff on ocean racing yachts - it looks great and lasts with far more abuse that my dunlop volleys can throw at them ;)

Wow. Never thought to make my own. May be worth a go. Did you mock up the design your self or do you have a template? 

I just used the old ones (which weren't too bad , just starting to delaminate) as a template. Just careful cutting with a jigsaw.

Wow. Never thought to make my own. May be worth a go. Did you mock up the design your self or do you have a template? 

I plan on building my own. Can't be that hard. Just make a cardboard template. Once it fits the way you like, cut them out of your material of choice.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone interested I'm making another run of pedal and passenger boards - 911 /912 all years ... LHD RHD coupe targa and begrudgingly cabriolet 

can do special order stuff with special face materials... though cores are made from FSC graded hoop pine.

doing heater blower covers to replace your dodgy cardboard idiocy

currently working on a roof carrier / bike rack

all a bit when butzi met eames

Archived