Fire protection

It seems very effective and it's cheap enough, but how much of a problem is this? In 14 years involved with Porsches, I haven't heard of somebody losing their car to a fire, or do I not mix in the right circles.

Early this year i think it was someone posted on the forum how they lost a 928 from a busted hose, poor bugger it was a sad site.

86796421-7FD0-4F97-8CDA-4C9B863CF500.jpg

How many cars go up because a home mechanic forgot a crush washer or forgot to nip it up tight or thought he could get away with old/corroded high pressure fuel hoses? Well admittedly not many , but you get the picture. There is always a reason!

It seems very effective and it's cheap enough, but how much of a problem is this? In 14 years involved with Porsches, I haven't heard of somebody losing their car to a fire, or do I not mix in the right circles.

<---- Check my Avatar

There are few things that hurt as much as watching your pride and joy go up in smoke (money, time, and skin off knuckles invested)

I would like to see that system in a real life situation, it's one thing to put out a tub of fuel. It's a whole other thing to put out a fire with a running engine pumping out fuel at high pressure with a high voltage ignition source.  Yes, this system would go off, but I think by the time you actually stopped it would probally catch on fire again.  

Dont get me wrong I am sure it would help, however that test is far from the reality of a engine fire. 

Archived