Should I or Should I not?

Apogee

I currently have my 987 Box S on carsales and it has got a few enquires but no solid offers. I am thinking of driving it for a short holiday to the Snowy Mountains next week which would mean adding kays/miles to the dial. I am leaning towards using it. I was just wondering if I should or not.

Should I leave it at home and take my GTI instead?

Will the depreciation be greater or will it be a lot harder to sell it with another 4000 kms on the dial? 

depending on how many K's it has on it now...if it's very low, I would probably leave it at home.   If not..... "maybe" take it.

Having said that, I'd be a bit worried that something might happen..kangaroo, mechanical etc etc.    Murphy's Law

The GTI is a pretty good alternative. 

The Box would be nice to take but I think I'd play on the safe side and leave it home personally. 

My two bits....

While my initial thought is - screw it, enjoy the drive! That's probably not helpful...

It's probably a question of the % 4,000km extra represents I suppose? Which one is it? Flick us a link. :)

Having said that, I'd be a bit worried that something might happen..kangaroo, mechanical etc etc.

I'd be a bit worried something might happen, like pulling over on the side of the road half way through the Snowy Mountains to cancel my Carsales listing :D 

Edit: 5 posts in 1 minute?! Everyone else struggling to work on a post Christmas party Friday afternoon too? :P 

You aren't implying modern P cars aren't bulletproof? Niko!

ha ha, mechanically they are fine..most of the time....kangacarooters and wombats and other critters would just be in the back of my mind.

But also, if there have been a few enquiries on it, I might just leave it in the garage, to be sure to be sure.

But also, if there have been a few enquiries on it, I might just leave it in the garage, to be sure to be sure.

That could go either way - if I enquired on a car, then later it had been on a 4,000km road trip I'd be part worried it was a "final thrashing" but also happy the owner had obviously been confident enough in it mechanically to take it on a good solid run and it performed well...

ha ha, mechanically they are fine..most of the time....kangacarooters and wombats and other critters would just be in the back of my mind.

They wouldn't throw a GTI off course? Roos don't just slip underneath !

I think he should stay at home on the couch and field calls from the  boulevardiers ;)

mate strap on those natty string backed gloves add a bit more toupee paste and drive it... better yet take some fanboy fabbo pics in that great landscape ... fill your new car sales ad with em and dont forget Byronesque/Wilde  euphemisms... it's about pulling the punters...  

Just drive it. Update the carsales listing when you get back.

Unless someone has paid a deposit, it's your car and you should enjoy it. "Saving it for the next bloke" is not the way to own a fine machine such as this. Financially speaking, the people that have saved it and religiously check the updates may be a bit curious and will knock you down a bit.

Knocking a bit off the price is a good swap for the memories you'll have. 

My 20c.... 4000 kms is alot of kays to add on. I'm a bit conservative on this front and would err on the side of saying you've had your fun, now once posted to sell, leave the car home. Around close to home is ok, big long drives, 4000kms is not. Especially if you want maximum sale price and you risk some damage, eg. pot hole, stray critter, drunken idiot....

But as I say, I'm a very conservative seller... I like rolling out the red carpet to maximise sale price. 

Who gives a flying F%#*K what any punter out there who's enquired thinks, if they wanted it with 4000 ks less than it will have they shoulda handed over the cashola. Calculations show it's got about 64500ks on it so jumping it to under 70ks means nothing and makes no difference at all. Coxster S vs GTI road trip through the mountains no brainer. Take all of your hairdryers & products outta the boots and load up with the missus's stilletos and cases and hats and furrs (and your wallet) and hit the road

Take all of your hairdryers & products outta the boots and load up with the missus's stilletos and cases and hats and furrs (and your wallet) and hit the road

Nice!. I love a bit of self deprecating humour!. As a (true) Coxster driver, I can relate. 

Nice!. I love a bit of self deprecating humour!. As a (true) Coxster driver, I can relate. 

Everyone else takes the piss outta ya, so ya may as well join them hahaah - little do they know that a 987 S 3.4 in tip with chrono and pasm and exhaust is an absolute bag full of speed, handling and symphony through the B roads and hills early morn - 3 degrees roof down heater blowin,  or 33 degrees roof down aircon blowin - and all with your latte or corona sitting in the cupholder!

- and all with your latte or corona sitting in the cupholder!

or spilling on your center console. Them Porsche engineers are clever buggers, but cup holders suspended half a meter from the floor and protruding from your glove box, that was a design decision on a Friday afternoon. Look cool though!

or spilling on your center console. Them Porsche engineers are clever buggers, but cup holders suspended half a meter from the floor and protruding from your glove box, that was a design decision on a Friday afternoon. Look cool though!

Only place to fit em I guess.... but the trick with coffees is to put a stamp over the sucker hole and coronas is to be half full, or is that half empty....

Archived