Melb PPI recommendations for 996.

bumble

Have a mate in Melb. looking to buy this: http://www.lorbek.com.au/prestige-cars/details/2002-porsche-911-1012310_326812

Looks on the surface to be a nice clean car.  1stly does anyone know this car and 2ndly can anyone recommend a PPI place to really go through it esp. the engine?  He's aware of the potential engine issues.

TIA - Mark

Nice looking car, great colour  - pay very close attention to the roof mechanism condition and operation - assume you have googled that

AutoArt in Preston are a good choice for a Melbourne PPI and he would know Lorbek; Michael (AutoArt owner) is very particular. I would suggest you will get more from him than you would by going to Porsche for an older car. I would recommend AutoArt for cars 10 + years and older 

Note - I sent an interstate friend to Michael for a PPI and the car failed (not related to Lorbek in anyway, this was some years ago), he was saved significant $$$ by having the PPI done, just goes to show

Lorbek usually refers their clients to Autoart, so take that into account during your selection process. Not saying good or bad just that YMMV.

Check out Cascone in Moorabbin. Nick looks after a number of cars from PFA and deals with 996's almost in his sleep.

Nice looking car, great colour  - pay very close attention to the roof mechanism condition and operation - assume you have googled that

AutoArt in Preston are a good choice for a Melbourne PPI and he would know Lorbek; Michael (AutoArt owner) is very particular. I would suggest you will get more from him than you would by going to Porsche for an older car. I would recommend AutoArt for cars 10 + years and older 

Note - I sent an interstate friend to Michael for a PPI and the car failed (not related to Lorbek in anyway, this was some years ago), he was saved significant $$$ by having the PPI done, just goes to show

Plus I'm now officially a 12.25% shareholder...or maybe more...

*not really.

Lorbek usually refers their clients to Autoart, so take that into account during your selection process. Not saying good or bad just that YMMV.

Check out Cascone in Moorabbin. Nick looks after a number of cars from PFA and deals with 996's almost in his sleep.

fair call

I definitely would NOT recommend Autoart had a very bad experience there. Michael was terrible to deal with. PM me I can discuss the details privately. 

I would recommend Porsche centre Melbourne 

Also the 996 is classed as a "classic" so you get a discount on the labour pricing. 

Have a mate in Melb. looking to buy this: http://www.lorbek.com.au/prestige-cars/details/2002-porsche-911-1012310_326812

Looks on the surface to be a nice clean car.  1stly does anyone know this car and 2ndly can anyone recommend a PPI place to really go through it esp. the engine?  He's aware of the potential engine issues.

TIA - Mark

FYI rims are not from a 996 and the stereo is aftermarket (just in case that didn't come up in the PPI). 

Archived