High kilometre P cars

jakroo

I drive a 2006 Toyota Hiace everyday, so my frontal crash protection at best would be zero, except for a steering wheel airbag trying to decapitate me. I get what ya saying driving a newish car as a daily, as I probably would do that if I had to. I'd never drive my 911 as a daily. Bugger that!

Overheating the engine and clutch would be my reasoning, though the old clutch knee isn't too flash! :(

not to mention having 300hp under your right foot and nowhere to use it is immensely frustrating. wasted on the daily commute.

much prefer bouncing around in the land rover (and being diesel it can crawl along in traffic)

Freak hour traffic in an old 911? No thanks

So its more age of the person than the car :P i understand you. Mine being watercooled is fine in traffic. Clutch doesn't care. No slipping as of yet.

a xc?

ive got a ugly old 2006 volvo xc70 as second car. 2.5T awd luxo barge - cost me $4.4k 18 months ago, bought off the original owner who paid $79k for it new!

OP - If you want to daily a cheap porsche forget a 928 (unless its one of the last series made), get a 944S2, 944T, 968 or a cayman.

Has nothing to do with my age, I just don't wish to have my air cooled engine and clutch overheating, or some inattentive halfwit in an SUV/taxi/bus hit my classic Porsche, then wonder why I smack them in the gob!

And I'm lazy, so I'd only want an auto with aircond for commuting

• 5 months later...

A quick note.....after having my long held job for 12+ years being found redundant in May, and some soul searching, I decided that I couldn't afford the 'newish' Porsche I mumbled about earlier in this post.  I'll post a separate thread on my new car but thanks to Dreamr who mentioned a non 944 in a thread about  pricing of 944's, I've become an owner of a 1992 968. 

Previous owner did about 11,000 kms in 10 years, I've done 600+ in 4 days!  (and I've busted the odo in the process....)

Archived