997 Flat Battery - The quiz no cheating - A/C AND W/C

symsy

Home in the hood . Hot wasser cooled metal parked in the garage... However Hot metal has flat battery and has parked A/C car in.. nose to tail unfortunatley

My laugh and question ..no peeking in manuals or googling..

How do you think one opens the bonnet to jump start the car??? A 997? Damn technology!!

I am not going to give Porsche a design award for this one.....

Your answers ??

If you dont know ..guess .. I have had 30 years with porsche and even fandangled electrical genius of Landrover but this ones awesome

The follow up question , if per chance you did have a flat battery and had the key in the ignition like ..the only key and you want to remove it to walk away from your car and lock it manually.. how do you remove that said key to do so??

Buddy....You're screwed :o

If memory serves, you need to jump at the fuse panel and I'm pretty sure if the battery is flat, then you can't remove the key.

C-Tek is your saviour - in fact it is a must with a 997 onward as too many gizmos.

Good luck brother - good luck!

I have had this happen in my 997 ASS PAIN ;)............you need another separate  battery and you hook it up to the terminal in the fuse box for this purpose with a jumper cable to the positive side of the battery ,,,,then you hook the neg side of the battery to the cars door lock pin to ground the circuit ,,,this then allows you to open the front trunk and get to the flat battery ...........It is a horses ass and you would think they would have a manual release or some sort of micro switch that works on very low voltage to open the front trunk ....As a result of this under engineered process I always make sure my car is on a battery tender ,,,,it only takes about a month and the battery gets to low to crank the car over ,,,,too much electrical crap dependent on constant power is the problem ....:D

^^^ What Raven says ^^^^

The fuse box is located just above your your right ankle joint. When you pull off the cover, there should be a multi-page circuit diagram listing the fuses and a picture of the pull out connector to attach the (+) side of your battery. The (-) side attaches to the door hinge or lock pin (or any good earth) - just make sure there is no paint or grease on the frame metal connection.

Be aware that you cannot leave the key in the ignition for any length of time, that will flatten the battery within 24 hours - ask me how I know.....

Failing all that, there (should) be a nylon pull wire behind the drivers front wheel well plastic cover - of course you need to jack up the car & remove the wheel and cover, but the jack and wheel spanner(s) (does it have wheel security bolts) are in the front boot !! Which is locked....

Archived