FRONT ENGINED GET TOGETHER OR DRIVE

944 Geek

Well, so much for the downpour of the century today/Saturday morning.  Thanks Bureau of Meteorology.  I could have happily attended the GC C&C today.  Sorry HH1, I would have loved to be there. 

Jason E

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, so much for the downpour of the century today/Saturday morning.  Thanks Bureau of Meteorology.  I could have happily attended the GC C&C today.  Sorry HH1, I would have loved to be there. 

Jason E

Yes me too! Nature is fickle!

Meteorology is a branch of the atmospheric sciences which includes atmospheric chemistry and atmospheric physics, with a major focus on weather forecasting & crystal ball gazing with a small portion of rolling the dice.

in this case I suggest they were rolling joints not dice!!

Jason E

Hi Jason,  you're not the only who got intimidated. PCGC also cancelled yesterday saying that they didn't want one of their cars caught in flash flooding. Oh well. But we did have a clear morning and a whole bunch of interesting cars turned up, albeit probably only about half of usual numbers. We did have 2 front engines  (mine), a 911 3.2 and a targa. https://m.facebook.com/carsandcoffeegoldcoast 

Hi Jason,  you're not the only who got intimidated. PCGC also cancelled yesterday saying that they didn't want one of their cars caught in flash flooding. Oh well. But we did have a clear morning and a whole bunch of interesting cars turned up, albeit probably only about half of usual numbers. We did have 2 front engines  (mine), a 911 3.2 and a targa. https://m.facebook.com/carsandcoffeegoldcoast 

Glad to hear it went well.  Will definitely get down there sometime soon. So much for "more rain than Cyclone Debbie".  "A months worth of rain, over 300ml in 24hrs".  Bring Ray Wilkie back I say!!!!!

924, 931, 944, 928, 951/2 & 968 coffee & car talk

This is a re post, the original was posted in the Qld events thread. Just want to make sure interested partys have given adequate notification to their significant other(s) for permission to attend the June event. All attendees can satisfy their significant other that there will be a police presence. So this will be a completely safe & controlled advent.   

Competition is also heating up for the rights for naming the location of the July get together.

The Front Engine Preservation Society June coffee & cars get together

Saturday 17 June  Rendezvous @ Woodford for 10:00ish

there are 3 coffee shop/cafes on the main drag

lots of parking & a covered area if its damp 

twisti road there & back or come via the Bruce if time sensitive

opportunity for further twisties in the Sunny Coast hinterland if your so inclined; twisti, coffee, chitchat, repeat

The partial agenda for the June get together;
     The car bra: lift or a drag?
     A contest will be held on most bodies stacked under a glass hatch.
     Whats the fastest colour: A technical paper will be presented on the factory colours & their aero benefits. 

Aircooled cars are more than welcome, 
upon providing coffee to the FEP Society Membership.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed my rebuilt engine in the car last weekend. This weekend I'm hoping to connect all the accessories. If I have a sensational run, I might have the car back on the road on the 17th. If this is the case I'll do my best for it's first major run to be to Woodford to participate in the FEP.  I may also find myself starting the removal of my engine depending on how nice the Porsche gods are to me... we will see.

Bear 

Hope you have a sensational run and we meet up in Woodford. Sometimes I think the P. gods are women. ?

I just want to clarify that the above statement about female P. gods is intended in the nicest and most sincere manner, all being good looking & very desirable. The P. god of restoration is another animal, a very challenging mistress. Enough said. 

Hi Everyone, The next Cars and Coffee Gold Coast is on 17th June. Would be great to continue where we left off the last time before the rains "rained" on the parade. I'll contact PCGC and get them to come over too if possible. 

Do the FEP have any forward planning for August, as I will be up near the QLD border and if my paperwork it good I may be able to get across the border for a meet up.

Sadly I will only be able to bring photo's of my FEP as evidence of its existence.

Bummer, I will not be heading up till the 20th, will be up that way for a week with the fam. 

Shame, however, if some of the boys wanted to get together, I'm game. 

Will be at Byron from 20th to 24th then kingscliff from 24th to 27th.

My FEP currently has the transaxle out, it is going down to Sydney this Friday for a full medical after finding terminal differential issues. 

LSD here we come, on top of an overhaul. 

The 26 August is Saturday, say 10am

I'm on the Sunny Coast about 2 & half hours north. 

we could tentatively arrange our FEPS August meeting in or around the Kingscliff area. Lovely area. There is some beautiful back roads off the coast. 

Can anyone recommend a good place to meet up & have coffee? Anyone else interested?

The 26 August is Saturday, say 10am

I'm on the Sunny Coast about 2 & half hours north. 

we could tentatively arrange our FEPS August meeting in or around the Kingscliff area. Lovely area. There is some beautiful back roads off the coast. 

Can anyone recommend a good place to meet up & have coffee? Anyone else interested?

I don't know if I could do another 2 1/2 hours each way, I have to do that down here every time I meet up with the central coast crew but that's the price you pay for living in Port Macquarie, would definitely be in for a meet up though and talk FEP talk.  

I reckon somewhere on the gold coast would be ideal for everyone. Hinze Dam is quite nice and some good back roads there too.

I will only have the family Jeep with me, had to get the long boards up there on something. 

Port 911,  HH1 & FEPS membership

The Front Engine Preservation Society membership can review the rendezvous point for the August event at the next get together at Woodford on the Saturday 10am the 17 June. A decision can be made for the August event to meet up at either the Hinz Dam, Kingscliff or a nearby alternative location. Sounds very democratic, but anarchy may be the result.  

I understand the Woodford get together conflicts with the Gold Coast C & C, any show of hands on who is planning on going to FEPS Woodford event.

Brian in buddina

Archived