FRONT ENGINED GET TOGETHER OR DRIVE

944 Geek

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in for Cars and Coffee Gold Coast unfortunately not Woodford. 

An update for Cars and Coffee,  just good confirmation this afternoon that McLaren will be coming down with one of their machines for a little show and tell. It's gonna be quite exciting. ?

Drove it like you stole it?

http://flatsixes.com/porsche-culture/humor/why-would-you-rob-a-bank-and-then-flee-in-a-porsche-944/

This opens all sorts of potential points of discussion for the next FEPS meet up in Woodford this Saturday.

Is black the correct colour for the job?

Will the brakes be up to "the job"

Will they make a movie about this called "the German job?" & make the 944 more famous than the original mini?

So last weekend I was so so close to completing my engine work. Unfortunately I was missing one banjo bolt for the fuel system and therefore couldn't start the car. Restarting recommission again Friday afternoon... there is a chance that I may have it ready for a road test on Saturday morning and a trip to Woodford isn't that out of the way.  Can someone (Brian?) IM me a mobile number so I can ring if I think I can make it. Don't want to drive to Woodford to find that no coffee shops have Pcars parked out the front. I can also let you know if I'm not coming, that way I'm not making anyone second guess.  

Weather doesn't look perfect for Saturday's FEP Society meet up & coffee in Woodford at 10am. But then again it doesn't look bad either. Judging by previous professional weather predictions, it could be snow. Hope to see you tomorrow. Lots of covered area to have a chit chat & coffee and get out of the potential 0.4 to 1mm of rain.

Weather predictions from BOM at 16:45 Friday;

Brisbane area

Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. 0 to 1mmm

Sunshine Coast area
Partly cloudy. Slight (40%) chance of a shower in the late morning and afternoon. 0 to 0.4mm

How did the FEP society meet up go?

I was keen to get there however it appears I stuffed up the installation of the rear main seal on my engine rebuild. Now building my enthusiasm to remove clutch etc to get to the RMS. A drive to the next FEP sounds like a good target date to have the car on the road!

Submissions are now open for the July FEP Society venue. 

One option is to meet at Bear924's garage to help him complete his preservation duties. There is some  experts in the FEPS brain trust and some less so mechanically inclined members as well, like the committee. It may be an unknown factor on whether this would actually speed up Bear924 preservation progress.

At the last get together at Woodford we did not solve many of the worlds problems. 

One attendee who shall remain nameless was discussing air cooled issues and may be banished from further FEPS meetings unless he starts buying lunch for other members.

ITEMS DISCUSSED AT WOODFORD:

the proper colour & finish (matt finish not gloss!)on rear split wing 

the boot roller blind was a contentious issue, by being absent, on all attendees vehicles. It was felt this would upset the weight distribution as intended by porsche.

One attendee's vehicle had to be marked down due to lack of road grime & patina in the engine bay or under body. Showroom condition was mentioned.

It will be discussed at the next get together, that any vehicles showing up without a cracked dash board will be buying coffee for all other attendees.

Please submit your proposed location & date for the July FEP Society get together.

I'm concerned that after FEP members tried to wrench on the 924 turbo, it would be banished to a 2nd tier citizen with those 911 things. 

As far as location goes, inland from the coast suits me as it reduces my drive from Dalby. Next campaign on the 924 is scheduled for 6/7 of July. My optimistic side is thinking any weekend after the 8/9th should be good.

It looks as if I will complete the role of Porsche conservative at future FEP meeting. My rear blind is firmly in place and regularly (when the car was on the road... back when Noah was a boy) used! It sounds as if my dash board will allow for a seamless transition into the FEP club though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gents, just reminding everyone that Cars and Coffee Gold Coast is on this coming 15th and Porsche Centre GC will be participating and will be handing out Porsche merchandise freebies. It's gonna be great.  Hope to meet up with some of you. Regards, Sohan 

OMG, what a fantastic meet up today was.  We had 18 Porsche's and out of that had 3 GT3 RS's, 1 GT2 996, several twin turbo's, 3 944 S2 - 1 a Cabrio,  930, several boxsters, and all in between. PCGC brought a 991 C4S and gave out some Porsche Baseball caps, landyards and posters for the bedroom wall. We had a bumper crowd of 120 cars, had McLaren, Lambo, Rat Rods, Rolls's, GTR'S, and much much more. Click on our facebook page https://m.facebook.com/carsandcoffeegoldcoast Great fun overall. ?

Archived