FRONT ENGINED GET TOGETHER OR DRIVE

944 Geek

G'day All,

is there a group of 'front engined' people who do 'get-togethers' or drives in Southeast QLD?

I am probably going to rejoin the Porsche Club but am interested specifically in 924/944/968 people.

Also Cars and Coffee on this weekend in Brissie. Anyone going?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All  - just let me know if anyone is interested in organising a get together. I am happy to coordinate it. I have learned a lot about 944s over the last 10 years and am happy to share and learn from others and of course see other people's lovely machines!

Sometimes we front-engined people get left out by those who have been fighting the laws of physics for half a century with their engines in the wrong place! :)

A bit of a drive from the Sunny Coast, but you never know. 

I'm up in Coolum Beach today, travelling in a 1913 Silver Ghost, so yeah you never know! 

I'd been keen for a drive. I'm a little way from Brisbane so would prefer to make it a day of driving as opposed to 2 hours on a Sunday morning. After the great time I had on the PFA tassie trip I'm keen to do a weekend of driving at sometime.

I'm currently rebuilding my 924T engine, took it off the engine stand today and installed the fly wheel. May get the clutch on tomorrow and then it's just a matter of dropping it in. (Then pulling it out when I find what I did wrong....)

Would be keen sometime, it would be a change leaving the 911 at home on a PFA drive. Just need a route with lots of gas stations along the way

Hey Paul I assume your other P car is a 944? Aren't they less thirsty than a 911? Mine gets better than 8L/100 on the freeway!

Hey Paul I assume your other P car is a 944? Aren't they less thirsty than a 911? Mine gets better than 8L/100 on the freeway!

haha no it's a 928 and last trip to the goldcoast from the Sunshine Coast I used around 20l per 100k

G'day All,

is there a group of 'front engined' people who do 'get-togethers' or drives in Southeast QLD?

I am probably going to rejoin the Porsche Club but am interested specifically in 924/944/968 people.

Also Cars and Coffee on this weekend in Brissie. Anyone going?

I know we're in nsw but there is a good following of the 924/944/968/928 s down this way, there is at least  3 944s & 1 968 in Port Macquarie, would be great with plenty of notice we could do a meet up weekend halfway somewhere. Just a thought.

I might come down the goldy for the cars and coffee. My 924 isnt the most comfortable on long trips right now but brissy to gold coast is fine. Very keen to meet up with more like minded front engined porsche people.

I know we're in nsw but there is a good following of the 924/944/968/928 s down this way, there is at least  3 944s & 1 968 in Port Macquarie, would be great with plenty of notice we could do a meet up weekend halfway somewhere. Just a thought.

Maybe we could meet up half way, Grafton? good excuse for a weekend get away, or Byron.

Just think......

nice drive, coffee, talk cars, twisties, more coffee & talk car. repeat

Maybe we could meet up half way, Grafton? good excuse for a weekend get away, or Byron.

Just think......

nice drive, coffee, talk cars, twisties, more coffee & talk car. repeat

I was about to suggest something like this, maybe a halfway point between Sydney and Brisbane, overnighter, it's only a days travel.

maybe we should just start with something simple & easy. I am going to try for the C & C Gold Coast on 20 May.

Anyone interested? I'll be driving down from the Sunny Coast, early.

Boys, I've just got confirmation that Porsche Centre Gold Coast will be attending this coming Cars and Coffee Gold Coast on 20th May. They are going to bring something special, not sure what. Would definitely make the trip down worthwhile and catch up with others on PFA I reckon. 

Hi all,

sounds like C&C Gold coast is the go. It starts at 8am so we would want to be there by 7:30 to get a spot. Not knowing where everyone lives we could meet somewhere on the way. How about McDonalds at Springwood at 0615? That way we're already on the way. thoughts?

haha no it's a 928 and last trip to the goldcoast from the Sunshine Coast I used around 20l per 100k

OMG! That is crazy. Surely that's not normal?

Archived