My '91 911 Turbo 3.3

Hey guys, just thought I would share some photos of my new pride and joy. The car is an import, shipped over from Austria in '98 and converted to RHD. Its is mostly stock, except for some adjustable coilovers (H&R I think) what looks to be a custom made bypass pipe for the side muffler, and a killer Alpine stereo with a 12 stacker circa '98! (One of the first things on the list to get upgraded) Engine needs some love, PO serviced it himself but I dont think much was done other than plug,oil and filter changes. Needs a good retune and probably some new seals.

7358214682_bbee021f58_c.jpg

_FF19921 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr

7173001911_55a6184c87_c.jpg

_FF19968 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr

7358218104_eeff318cef_c.jpg

_FF19965 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr

7172998695_8520e546c4_c.jpg

_FF19940 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr

7358211078_c8c1656869_c.jpg

_FF19974 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr

7172994631_a347a0f954_c.jpg

_FF19900 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr

7172996579_580b04a041_c.jpg

_FF19915 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr

7358212818_a778aaff95_c.jpg

_FF19904 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr

7175465193_e3c3d6b235_c.jpg

FF1_2055-1 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr

7360464250_3a17acb573_c.jpg

_FF10020 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr

Thanks for checking out my photos!

Absolutely fantastic mate - well done; I can feel your enthusiasm from here!

ha ha thanks I think that's a bit of an understatement!

ohhhhh yeah. Send them over to Unique cars magazine and have them do an article on the 911 Turbo please) Definitely love it.

One comment, was the air freshener thing meant to be apart of the pics? B)

I dont think the car is quite magazine ready yet, needs a good freshening up. As for the air freshener I bought it on the way back up from Sydney, the heater hose had a spit so the cabin was a little smelly (not that it helped much) Forgot to take it out the next day when I took the photos. I left it in the pics for a bit of retro charm :)

Congrats on the car looks fantastic.. Was this the one for sale recently on carsales?

Yes it was J.J, I thought it would have been snapped up before I was ready to buy but I think most people were turned off by the fact it's been converted from LHD. I was not so concerned, its still a 911 Turbo!

OOOHHHH Nice.

LHD or RHD converted. Still came out of the same factory.

Indeed!

Looks like the crazy old short mans thread " someone please buy this car", not so crazy after all. <_<

Go the turbo ! :P

Your thread got me nervous, I thought someone might grab it before I got down to sydney to have a look!

Smart move.

I just love that car. :)

A real mans car.

Haha when I drove it back up every time I stopped I had someone comment on the car. One guy said to me "Thats a real mans car!" My other half does not agree, she calls it a "wanky" car :o She is more a big block V8 girl. Once I have the motor all sorted I will take her for a drive and see if that sways her opinion :D

I just finished reading through your 930 resto thread, was a great read. Such a fantastic looking car! I cant imagine how much that cost! I just dropped a grand at Pelican Parts for small bits here and there. I am preparing myself for the impending wallet anorexia.

Awesome pics, awesome machine. Great stance. Lowered? Real tough looking...

Yeah its lowered, H&R adjustable Coilovers I believe (not 100% sure) the PO actually said he raised it slightly for my long haul trip home, it was sitting a tad lower before. I will drop it back down if I can get away with it, I dont think I have a lot of clearance on my driveway as it is!

Guest Nick987

Rear looks tight. Maybe a smidge on the front to even the gap with the rear? I know how you feel about the driveway! You must HATE speed bumps...

Great photography btw. Love the dark contrast look. Reminds me of some of the post work Top Gear do...Filters on the camera or software?

Good show!

Rear looks tight. Maybe a smidge on the front to even the gap with the rear? I know how you feel about the driveway! You must HATE speed bumps...

Great photography btw. Love the dark contrast look. Reminds me of some of the post work Top Gear do...Filters on the camera or software?

Good show!

Speed bumps are not too bad, I have owned a couple of cars that were slightly lower so it all comes down to your approach technique :D . I use a combination of on camera filters and some tweaking in photoshop. Those photos have more contrast than I would usually use but it wasn't a planned shoot and the car was dirty so some extra contrast helped to hide the dirt (too lazy to clone it all out) Once the car has had a good polish and the wheels fixed up I will shoot it again. Its what I do for a living so Im sure I wont stop taking photos of it until its 100% perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I took the car up to T&D Automotive today in Brisbane. Steve had a look over the car and he was very knowledgeable. It was a bit like walking into Porsche heaven, very clean workshop and Porsche's everywhere. Steve said the car was in good condition, the most un-molested example he had seen in a while by the sounds of it. (still has heater blower and AC, even still has the O2 diagnotic port coming off the exhaust) He said the conversion looks like it was properly, with only a small noticeable seam along the underbody tray. The bad news......one of the barrels on the motor is leaking badly :o . The motor needs to come out and a rebuild done. I had been prepared for this but I budgeted a bit less than the cost to do it. New disc rotors are needed also. He also informed me that the RUF exhaust the PO told me it had turns out to be a stock exhaust with the cat gutted and a g-pipe replacing the side muffler. I had figured that out myself but at least its confirmed now. Looks like my interior plans are on hold for a while :angry: My wallet is already wrapped in a blanket shaking like a leaf from the shock!

On a side note, I did have a better day than Toomas Heikkinen......

http://youtu.be/5_BQ_riCDJc?hd=1

Guest vas930

The car is over 20 years old, so its not as bad as it sounds.

A good rebuild and you will have many years of fun with it.

As for the stock muffler, get rid of it.

A good free flowing system makes for a big improvement in lag.

Good luck. :)

keep us posted.

The car is over 20 years old, so its not as bad as it sounds.

A good rebuild and you will have many years of fun with it.

As for the stock muffler, get rid of it.

A good free flowing system makes for a big improvement in lag.

Good luck. :)

keep us posted.

have to disagree,only cams will give you a big improvement in lag ;)

Guest vas930

have to disagree,only cams will give you a big improvement in lag ;)

Sorry, should have said the best external mod is the muffler.

I know this as I and many others have done it.

No doubt changing the cams is a bigger improvement.

I lost about 800 rpm of lag with headers and muffler. :)

Everytime the air flow meets with resistance on the way out, it slows the turbo.

Going to a free flowing system like Jim and I have makes a big improvment in the lag.

You notice it most on the gear shifts. IMO

Archived