The Clarkson

Guest Nick987

Interesting character Clarkson.

He has a deep seeded hatred for all things Porsche.

"So, when you buy a modern Porsche, you are demonstrating to the world that you are very interested in driving. And being ‘very interested in driving’ means that, for you, it is a hobby. Hobbies are for people who were caught masturbating as a child. They were told by their mothers that it’d drop off unless they got out of bed and did something useful. So they did. They built model planes and collected stamps. Some may have taken up ornithology. This will have made them very unpopular with their peers who could think of many more exciting things to do with bushes and birds. Show me someone in a 911, and I’ll show you someone who was bullied at school.

I have no statistics to hand, but I bet a great many golfists drive 911s. It’s because of what their mums told them. That they must have a way of filling their time that doesn't include shuffling off to the loo with Asian Babes. They are not wankers, then. And that, weirdly, is exactly the problem."

END QUOTE

Must say,he is very entertaining though.

Guest Nick987

I don't know if the 'hatred' of everything Porsche is a populist put on or real. I have seen many instances where he has rated Porsches as the best car of the year or very highly/favorably.

Check out what he says here about the GT3 at 5.30...

And about the Turbo...

He does give me the sh:ts though when he bags Porsches for no good reason.

I don't know if I love to hate him or hate to love him..

Love the fact that jezza shit cans p cars, It keeps a lot of a/holes that can`t make up their own mind what they should drive out of them

mind you it hasn't been entirely successful judging by a few of you lot that i`ve met (I REFUSE TO PUT AN EFFF/ING SMILEY FACE FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOUR)

Clarkson was doing his offensive best to destroy the 911, but in a reverse/perverse sort of way, he showed how well it was built. He had to drop it and burn it to destroy it. Maybe that was his intention?

What came out worst, from his video, was

Clarkson himself.

Reminds me of the news clip last year of the yellow Coxster in Qld, stolen, and crashed a few times, running on 3 wheels, coppers in pursuit.....

Just kept going.

Tough little mothers...

Guest Nick987

Thanks Theo.

That was really painful to watch...especially that first impact. Felt it like a kick in my guts...

Must have blown the head. What a total and utter c#%t.

Glad they caught him. Hope he gets more than a wrap on the knuckles..

Guest Nick987

Thanks Douglas, that is one of my faves! For someone who detests these cars so much, he sure does praise them alot...

And in Australia, a tracked up version faz is what? About double the price of a GT3 RS?

Clarkson is regularly taking the p*ss out of Porsche but this is one of those rare occasions!!!!!!

Love the Gts. How I wish they were available here. Could never afford to buy one, but to get the occasional glimpse on the road would be amazing.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived