Motive power bleeder for 9xx series?

dan_189

Hey all,

Anyone use a Motive Power bleeder to bleed their clutch system? 

I'm going to replace my clutch master cylinder soon so i'll need to bleed the clutch system. Over in the US Motive seems to be the product of choice, haven't found it easy to find one over here, anyone ever used a similar bleeding product?  

Anyone have any experience in bleeding their clutch system on a 996/986/997/987 with a decent tool? Not really interested in doing it by hand i'd prefer to invest in a tool, they aren't that expensive.

Got mine from FCP too - very good on postage rates compared with Pelican and Paragon.  Used to good effect on 2x 944S2 clutch bleeds - ask Jason and Justin.  Save yourself a bit of time and partially bleed the M/C before you screw in the hard line to the slave...

Thanks all, the motive is the one i'm looking at also, there is an Australian supplier in NSW listed on the motive website but the website doesn't exist anymore. 

The slave was replaced by PCM but then the master gave way a few days later so i'll be doing that but have to bleed it at the slave end anyway.

First step i'll do is remove all the fluid from the reservoir below the feed line to the master, remove it and replace it. Then ill do a positive pressure bleed at the slave with the motive.

I couldn't find one local when I did my 986.

I bought a large 60ml syringe from the horse place and vacuum tube from repco. Cleaned the bleeder on the slave, and pushed the fluid in through it. Fill the master half or so first One full syringe was enough. They were 60c for two.

Keep in mind that the bleeder will twist shut if not open enough, but you don't want it so far open that it leaks out the thread.

I know it's not worthy of the Porsche, but it works. Car back on the road same day ?

I have had a Motive for years and it has been used for brake and some clutch bleeds on everything from my 74 105 split braking system Alfa, which was only thing that would get a good pedal on that car, to old pommy TVR`s and Scimitar`s, 3.2 carrera ,64 Ford thunderbird, home built clubman , motorbikes ,Audi A6, Pajero and  993.Without doubt one of the best garage accessories money can buy,and it actually works.

@dan_189 it will be almost impossible to bleed the clutch system without a power bleeder

I replaced my clutch master cylinder last week on my 996 cup

This is the bleeder i have & use http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SP-Tools-Brake-Clutch-Pressure-Bleeding-Kit-SP70809-/251932102617?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275 works very well for clutch & brakes... available in Australia 

Just follow the factory procedure to bleed the clutch system after component replacement 

@dan_189 it will be almost impossible to bleed the clutch system without a power bleeder 

I replaced my clutch master cylinder last week on the cup car 

This is the bleeder i have & use http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SP-Tools-Brake-Clutch-Pressure-Bleeding-Kit-SP70809-/251932102617?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275 works very well & available in Australia 

Just follow the factory procedure to bleed the clutch system after component replacement 

That looks even better than the Motive, having a pressure release valve and a separate filler cap.

Archived