Club reg crackdown

DJM

Interesting.

There's a lot of P cars on the road on H plates that definitely should be on M plates.

I had to jump through a few hoops to get M plates on one of mine. I think it's worth it.

It's BS. Happened coupla years ago. It was posted by a mob that engineer cars for roadworthiness. Comments are pretty funny though! 

That actually sounds more likely ;) 

Until the governments release paperwork outlining changes or whatever, speculation is always rife in car land.

I listened to a lot of people whom I believed had first hand knowledge of minimum car standards prior to inspection of both my 912 and 911, and was freaking out neither would pass for not having a A, B or C done. It was all crap from so called 'the guys who know', so from experience, the first people I will never consult about anything is car club members/ 'experts'!  Opinions are like a..holes, we've all got one, yet ring vehicle standards to get the correct information, not some clown who thinks he knows

My eyes shot, or is that car above in need of some headlight restoration work on one side or is one side sporting  some battle scars (no lense) and parked up awaiting a repair.  Would it pass a VIC roadworthy inspection on a lux count, or do the spotters overcompensate.  PS I got pulled over once for having my secondary front fog lights on in wrx and given a warning  (eg  in term of lux's, way over compensating on a barmy moonlit after midnight Perth whats out there extended spins around the block)

Speaking of which, and on the topic of restoration / mods , does anyone have any recommendations for some headlight restoration work if in Melbourne.

Some of those comments are hilarious - you can pick the uneducated, uninformed boguns a mile off.  A mate of a mate of a mate said such & such.  Yep, right.   As for using ALL of Vicpol's resources, yep, I'm sure there'll be plenty of murderers, rapists & bank robbers getting away with it now that every cop is only going after car enthusiasts.  As for the internet staying classy (klassy, lol), yeah, like that's going to happen.  It is facebook after all.

My eyes shot, or is that car above in need of some headlight restoration work on one side or is one side sporting  some battle scars (no lense) and parked up awaiting a repair. 

I think its just glare from the sun, they didnt want to send extra on the CPL filter. 

Archived