Apholsterer in Melbourne

Philbee

I used to go Gary Blackman in Richmond but he closed shop a few months ago.... Where would I go for reapholstering seats? Thinking of getting my cloth centres recovered.

Also, where can you buy black vinyl? For re-doing RS door cards. Is it all the same shade of black? Are there different qualities, special RS door ones...?

suggestions or recommendations welcome, thanks...

There are a few different grains of vinyl, so take a sample with you to Spotlight store if you have them interstate or check out an upholsterer to see what they have (sorry, had to subtly correct the spelling)

I got a near exact match for my 66 912, so it can be done

https://m.facebook.com/Blackmans-Automotive-Interiors-1501420020114283/

Give this place a go, he is the nephew of Garry, and is in Frankston, and the family tradition carries on.   Ask for Mitch.

He also told me Garry's twin brother has a business in Moorabbin as well.

I have just spoken to Mitch, on that phone number on the website and he should be able to help with what you want or point you in the right direction.

He seems like a good bloke on the phone.

Good luck with it.

I can suggest two.

Jason at High Class in Blackburn. He did the leather trim in my HT Monaro, which won awards. Great work but not cheap, you get what you pay for with Jason. He does Porsche insurance work such as convertible tops etc. Tell him you got the number from Fraz, he might look after you. :rolleyes:

http://www.autoupholstery.net.au/

Or Rod at Rods trimming in Lilydale, he doesn't have a web site but did the trim on my Recaro seats. He does a great job too, is quick and reasonably priced. Just depends if you want a show job or a good job for a drivers car.

0415 364 338

If you want buy black vinyl, speak to your trimmer of choice they have all the styles and colours on hand and can order it in for you. That way it will match your seats. 

Let us know how you go. 

There are a few different grains of vinyl, so take a sample with you to Spotlight store if you have them interstate or check out an upholsterer to see what they have (sorry, had to subtly correct the spelling)

I got a near exact match for my 66 912, so it can be done

Thanks mate, corrected! Ah yes, good olde spotlight!

• 1 year later...

Archived