Painting Fuchs

I have a brand new set of Euromeisters for my 82 Targa, I would like to get them painted in the RSR style with the rims and petals painted, can anyone recommend someone in Melbourne that can do this?

Thanks.

There's 2 places I know of & used both:

In moorabbin - advanced alloy wheels (nellburn Ave ), take a few days to do it. Can leave it under lock in their garage.

In richmond - wheel solutions (church st), can do it same day. Prefer wheels only, hav limited space but can leave car  if needed.

Apparently the trick is to submerge the rim into a basin of water filled enough so that only the petals are above the water ( mask out any bits you don't want painted with tape), then spray paint the petals. This makes it easy to get the same result for all 4 rims. 

Apparently the trick is to submerge the rim into a basin of water filled enough so that only the petals are above the water ( mask out any bits you don't want painted with tape), then spray paint the petals. This makes it easy to get the same result for all 4 rims. 

Really? I don't see how this would help as the air force from spraying would send the water flying around everywhere plus the fact that you have so much moisture around would affect the paint.

The water is purely for masking, not spraying while in the water.

water gives a perfect line all the way around the petals so you can tape the same line. Remove from water, mask off what isn't getting painted and spray.

The water is purely for masking, not spraying while in the water.

water gives a perfect line all the way around the petals so you can tape the same line. Remove from water, mask off what isn't getting painted and spray.

I don't believe that is the method described on the pelican forum. To be honest, I am not clear on how you would mask while still in the water. Maybe just too early for me and fat finger syndrome?

I understood it was painted in the water, but you would need to mist it on.

Guess I will find out soon enough when it comes time to do that to the E? :) 

I've used Advanced Alloys several times all great experiences as well. Co incidentally I'm just about to get them to do some wheels for in RSR spec for an RSR recreation I've just bought..usually the're about $200-$250 a wheel but I'm assuming maybe a little more for the complexity for the RSR look, I'll post price for quote as I sent them pics yesterday so I should have a quote/price today.

No offence, but it clearly states it's painted with the water still there and not masked up

The water covers the section you want to paint?

Once you have your wheels either polished or the silver painted then the water line is so you can get a perfect line for the black section. If you fill a bucket with a wheel in it with water you end up covering the area you want black. Like below-

dsc_2484-300x199.jpg

Archived