WTB - 997.1 Carrera S coupe manual

Tricky

Hi

I'm looking for a 997.1 S coupe in manual. Would consider most colours and up to 100,000km.

I'm a cash buyer - I've been searching for a while without much luck! I'm in Brisbane but happy to buy interstate.

Thanks,

Richard

Thanks D2000. The red one I've seen but the UK import is a new one. Looks like a nice car, but I think the price might be a bit high for an import - its always so hard to judge what the discount should be.

Thanks D2000. The red one I've seen but the UK import is a new one. Looks like a nice car, but I think the price might be a bit high for an import - its always so hard to judge what the discount should be.

The red ticks a few boxes for me, Whats it like, obviously you didn't buy it for a reason. 

Keen to know your thoughts, PM me if you prefer. 

The red ticks a few boxes for me, Whats it like, obviously you didn't buy it for a reason. 

Keen to know your thoughts, PM me if you prefer. 

Hi Fraz

The red one looks really nice and a good price too. Only downsides for me were:

- my wife isn't keen on guards red:rolleyes: (its why I passed on the OPC Brisbane 997 recently)

- high-ish kilometres

- a bit too personalised with the red leather etc

Please note that I haven't seen the car in person (re-reading my own post above, I can see that it could be interpreted that I had).

I think there's a lot to like about the red 997S.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Frenchy. Couple of quick snaps below - I've only just registered it today, so haven't yet had a chance to take some proper snaps with a DSLR.

Very happy with the car - 2007, manual, 64500km. The wheels have really grown on me.

JJSvZTn.jpg

jmdXIsv.jpg

Did you find it on Carsales or word of mouth?

Stance looks the goods.

Carsales... I lucked out with timing. I was ready to go with another car but then the PPI didn't go quite according to plan. The next day the grey 997S was listed on Carsales and I bought it that night (subject to PPI). So wouldn't have been visible on Carsales for long. Impeccable provenance so had little doubt the PPI would go well and it flew through, basically perfect. Did the whole PPI thing including compression test and bore scope. 

Interestingly I've discovered it has the factory short shift kit. Gear throw did feel a bit different to other 997s and when I got a build sheet, it confirmed it has short shifter. Also confirmed the wheels were original factory - I thought they might have been added later.

Were they the Carrera sport wheels? I've got Sports Classics on mine, also optional at the time. I think I like yours better.

I've also got the factory short shift kit - pretty good option. Sports Chrono and PSE? Looks like you did very well.

Were they the Carrera sport wheels? I've got Sports Classics on mine, also optional at the time. I think I like yours better.

Yes, mine are the Carrera Sport wheels. Very slight "two tone", with the wheel centres in a silver/grey colour. 

I agree Phil. I missed out on one a couple of months ago, where I tried calling a couple of days after the car was listed and found it had already sold. I was kicking myself at the time but lesson learned. So key is to be a cash buyer or finance fully sorted, ready to act decisively when a Carsales notification comes through of a new listing. You haven't got much bargaining power in that situation but a seller will still generally negotiate, at least a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Phil. I missed out on one a couple of months ago, where I tried calling a couple of days after the car was listed and found it had already sold. I was kicking myself at the time but lesson learned. So key is to be a cash buyer or finance fully sorted, ready to act decisively when a Carsales notification comes through of a new listing. You haven't got much bargaining power in that situation but a seller will still generally negotiate, at least a bit.

Hi Mate. I have a 2007 Carrerra S. 78,000kms, Aus delivered. Manual. Full Porsche service history. asking below $100k/ PM me if interested.

Sorry. just noticed that you found one.

Hi Mate. I have a 2007 Carrerra S. 78,000kms, Aus delivered. Manual. Full Porsche service history. asking below $100k/ PM me if interested.

Sorry. just noticed that you found one.

Thanks Reggie, all good. I don't think I was the only one looking out for a 997.1S so hopefully another PFA member will see this and contact you.

Good luck with the sale.

Archived