It's all about the burger

I travel pretty much every week so to make life a little more interesting I always try and make meal time as interesting as possible. I have always been a burger fan so over the past few months, when time permits, I have been sampling some of the gormet burgers on offer around the country.  Being a Sydney boy it's always easy to work through the list of top burgers locally so when interstate I get guidance from locals, fatties FB page, and google.  One thing I have found is that there are no cheap burgers, good or bad. It's a min $20 upto a $30 lunch by the time u throw in chips and a beer. To mee a good burger is medium to rare  pattie and once you pick it up and start you can't put it down. Need to finish with the right amount of grease and sauce running down ur fingers to be licked off ?.

So thought I would share a couple of my finds and very keen to hear from the PFA Gastronomic burger community on yours so I can add to my list of ones to try when next in town.

so in sydney in specific order of my preferences 

Bar Luca - blame Canada is the pick

Burgers by Josh (BBJ) - the primo (Nth Syd and Annandale)

5 points - the Bronx - in Nth Syd

Hayberry in Crowsnest has a great cheese and bacon burger 

pub life Kitchen in ULTIMO simple but reliable 

Mary's in the city - not a big fan in regards to value for money but told Newtown is better 

in Adelaide I have tried 

FB's Fancy burgers - just off Rundle Mall wasn't overly impressed it was too clean and simple  May as well have been at maccas 

burger theory in Union street - had the spicy chicken burger tonight which was ok

in Melb

Beer and burger bar - swan st Richmond- great quick lunch special burger and beer for <$20

huxtaburger off chapel in Pahran which was probably my Melb best so far.

Gold Coast/sufers 

Brooklyn burger - can be hit and miss

keen to hear of some more to try..

Melbourne

Here's an extensive list.

http://www.burgersofmelbourne.com.au

Good/very good:

Andrews

Le Bon Ton

Fat Bobs

I think some of the best burger places in melb are out in the industrial estates , surrounded by factories and workshops.  Places like Dark Dak.

However Tips, you must try Andrews, it's kind of an institution in this town.

+1 on FAT BOBS.  

Neon and old tin signs adorn the place, great craft beers, and good for the kids on a Sunday.

Cochranes Road,Moorabbin.    (Just down from DAK DAK)

bookings essential

For the past 2+ years I've had lunch with old school mates once a month. From the outset we said that every month would be at a different pub in the CBD, and that we'd always have burgers. We've stuck to our word, except at the Palisades where we all had Reubens. So here's my picks:

The Belvedere

The Wynyard

Mr Tipply's

Slip Inn

Sweeneys

The Shelbourne

Then there are non-pub (BL Burgers on Oxford St) and non-CBD (The Longueville) venues. All far surpass Mary's, Betty's and the Burger Project. 

Sadly my favourite burger is NLA after the kitchen at The Birkenhead changed hands, and with it, the menu (why change a successful menu???)

+1 on FAT BOBS.  

Neon and old tin signs adorn the place, great craft beers, and good for the kids on a Sunday.

Cochranes Road,Moorabbin.    (Just down from DAK DAK)

bookings essential

I'm back in Melb on Tuesday so will

try and get to fat boss for lunch

For the past 2+ years I've had lunch with old school mates once a month. From the outset we said that every month would be at a different pub in the CBD, and that we'd always have burgers. We've stuck to our word, except at the Palisades where we all had Reubens. So here's my picks:

The Belvedere

The Wynyard

Mr Tipply's

Slip Inn

Sweeneys

The Shelbourne

Then there are non-pub (BL Burgers on Oxford St) and non-CBD (The Longueville) venues. All far surpass Mary's, Betty's and the Burger Project. 

Sadly my favourite burger is NLA after the kitchen at The Birkenhead changed hands, and with it, the menu (why change a successful menu???)

jv like ur style and commitment

the sales guys in my team have come up with a 5x5 week which we are trying to schedule next month. 5 straight days of burger lunches and at least 1 new burger experience for each person. Some good options above. Maybe we need to do a PFA burger run weekend with multiple states same day share the photos ??

Reminds me of some tradies I saw elbow deep in burgers at Brooklyn depot on the goldie one day. Burgers were about 20cm high and called the old McDonald..

hope the link works but in short beef pattie, fried chicken, pork belly egg cheese and bacon heart attack central

https://m.facebook.com/the4217/photos/a.129764673877936.1073741828.129315803922823/656158264571905/?type=3

Archived