New car today

......................... I still think the 997 3.6 Ltr had more low down torque, e.g. The 997 was really happy to pull from 40klms/hr in 6th where the 991 is happier in 5th at this speed.

Seeing that 991 has an extra gear wouldn't 5th in it be similar ratio to 6th on the 997?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Good colour and wheel combo.

Just so I get this straight, you had a C2 991 and now you have a C2S 991.

Your wife is very understanding.........

Does it have the sound piped into the interior option via a membrane? That sounded cool in the 991 S I drove.

That does look cool though...............PDK?

Yes, had the 991 since July but the opportunity came to buy the 991 S at the right money. It's a manual with sports chrono, dynamic lights, sports exhaust. It has 1100klms on it so not run in yet but it feels significantly different to drive than the 3.4ltr 991. The low down torque that was in the 997 C4 was missing in the 991 3.4ltr . Can't say the 3.4ltr was a bad car at all but the 3.8ltr is in a different class altogether.

I drove the 3.4ltr in the Porsche tour targa high country & it was super impressive, just lacked low down torque out of the corners a little.

Well, it happened again. Wife says I'm a sick person but hey what the heck! New car today again.

How does it go again? "for richer, for poorer, in sickness....." Well done to Mrs for caring for her sick hubby :)

You've absolutely nailed it with white over graphite wheels. Congrats on the upgrade.

She who must be obeyed threw down the gauntlet in the targa high country when we had a little speed going when she said " you can't scare me, you call this fast" so I thought might as well up the stakes! Mind you if you need a navigator par excellence she who must be obeyed is up there with the best, definitely not a hand brake!

How does the gear shift compare to the 997? The 7 speed is a manualised PDK and it has had some mixed reviews about its action and plane lockout.

The 991s I drove was a Jekyl and Hyde. Very docile in traffic but turned into a screamer in the hills. I did feel that it wasnt that torquey down low though, it only started to pull from 4k onwards. May have been the PDK it just felt like I had to keep it above 4k to maintain the momentum.

I did swear out loud the first time I gave it the beans though. That rush to 8k is addictive

Archived