997 GT3 Talk

Mafia88

Hey guys 

Having just purchased a 997.1 GT3 I wanted to start a thread to talk about the ownership experience and to be able to help each other with any questions/issues in regards to living with these brilliant little cars. 

Whether you own, have owned or want to own one. 

Cheers Rich 

First question I have is whether any other owners have had their front trunk pop open on its own accord? This happened twice to me on its first night home whilst my keys were on the kitchen table and hasn’t happened since? 

Very happy with mine, just need new rear pads soon and new tyres. 

Seems to be only oem pads available? 

Should I stay with the Factory tyres or would you recommend something else? 

Owned one, raced one, repaired one what would you like to know... :)

Welcome.. very good choice of car, the 997.1 GT3 is my favourite & I'm looking for another one to buy...

did yours weep from rear main seal? 

Did you consider that banged up grey one? He is down on his ask... I reckon you could haggle it a lot more! Pending a quote... 

I'm sure I could sneak in a look for you

Yes I'm thinking of that one i just need the timing to be right.. if you want to look at it for me that would be appreciated, my main concern is the chassis all the other bits i can calculate the repair... 

Very happy with mine, just need new rear pads soon and new tyres. 

Seems to be only oem pads available? 

Should I stay with the Factory tyres or would you recommend something else? 

did yours weep from rear main seal? 

No weep from rear main.. plenty of pads available just depends on what you want & your driving style (i get them from the UK) as for tyres you could use all the big brands that make tyres for the GT3's again it depends on your driving style/use  

Not sure about the front trunk thing.. 

We want photos of the car!

Hey guys 

Having just purchased a 997.1 GT3 I wanted to start a thread to talk about the ownership experience and to be able to help each other with any questions/issues in regards to living with these brilliant little cars. 

Whether you own, have owned or want to own one. 

Cheers Rich 

First question I have is whether any other owners have had their front trunk pop open on its own accord? This happened twice to me on its first night home whilst my keys were on the kitchen table and hasn’t happened since? 

Me too!!! I picked mine up a few weeks ago.

So its been ten days since I got my beast and still discovering its capabilities but more like my lack of ability 1f609.png;-) Anyway, for those with a manual 997.1, do you find getting from 1st to second gear, or third to second, rather "clunky"...taking that nano second to fight it into gear? Or just me needing more time with the gearbox???

So its been ten days since I got my beast and still discovering its capabilities but more like my lack of ability 1f609.png;-) Anyway, for those with a manual 997.1, do you find getting from 1st to second gear, or third to second, rather "clunky"...taking that nano second to fight it into gear? Or just me needing more time with the gearbox???

That sounds about right for the 7.1 gearbox, i had 996 cup car shifting cables in mine not sure it helped

How do you post photos? Won’t let me upload haha I’m useless at this 

I’ll describe it to you guys, 

It’s red.... 

you need to go to a 3rd party host like Photobucket, then copy the image URL & paste here using the image function. 

Red huh? Was it at PR tech last week? 

On the track my car won't do 3rd to 2nd if I'm a bit late and the car is laterally loaded. On the street it's mildly grumpy when cold but not unlike cars I've owned in the past.

The frunk popping open on an 997.1 S is a sign of a flat or low battery. It does it so you can access the battery if there isn't enough juice to kick it over. I assume the GT3 is the same.

Thanks, good to know,I hadn't heard of that before 

Sport Chrono query: I have the "clock" on the dash (no PCM) but the Chrono function is not displaying as an option to select on the onboard computer menu.....any ideas?

it should be available in the menu, from memory not able to select whilst moving, you need to be stationary to enter the SC menu, once you're into that screen you can activate the chrono timer whilst moving 

Archived