996 Turbo...In white

cafe_racer

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, Troubleshooter said:

Don't know but not many if they were.... have no memory of seeing one for sale over the past 2 or 3 years

I have a memory of seeing one up for grabs(bit of a unicorn  looking in the rear view mirror- 3.5 years back, advertised for circa $120k in Sydney, tastefully modified (rims were a key standout and genuine S badge to boot.  On reflection, best bang for buck 996tt over the journey of keeping an eye open on the market for about 4 years.  Genuine factory white, wasn't too sure?  But then, 996gt3's were about 20-30k less and 5 digits to garage one all in if you were into silver or black

@ café racer, Just a view but  you'll be lusting for a while for one that's in good nick if your after a manual, let alone manual plus white. Me thinks the closest bit of factory white you will see on a aud delivered 996tt is around the dial gauges.

Matching white hardback seats do look the goods on a white 996tt with black interior and white center console, black turbo rims and white calipers

13 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Hey all, thanks for the replies, think my best bet may be to not worry about the colour and focus on the condition.  I can always have it wrapped which means the original paint will be kept in good condition under the wrap!

2 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Hey all, thanks for the replies, think my best bet may be to not worry about the colour and focus on the condition.  I can always have it wrapped which means the original paint will be kept in good condition under the wrap!

get in touch with @JimTT

1 hour ago, JimTT said:

That white one was a repaint, there are no Aust delivered white 996 turbos as far as I know.

Thanks Steve, I'm still in two minds about selling but you never know.

I reckon you would be outta your mind to do so.

Hi guys, i know of one genuine 996 Turbo in white delivered into Australia. It was delivered by Porsche Centre Melbourne.

It was a factory order car in white and delivered to my ex girlfriends father, he traded in his white 993 turbo.

I don't know what has happened to the vehicle unfortunately he has passed away now.

I also know at one stage that ha had a 996 turbo S in white, don't know if this is the car in the previous comments but if my memory serves me correct it was bought down from Queensland and was put up for sale a few years ago, I think Lorbek had the car for sale, i only realised that it was the ex's fathers car from the number plates.

Don't know if that helps.

Archived