992 GT3 to be turbo charged.....surely not!

DJM

On 1/30/2018 at 7:03 PM, Raven said:

Going to happen sooner than later even if the faithful don,t like it we just have to accept the change ...................The RSR could have done with a turbo power plant at Daytona on the weekend ,,the Ford GT and Ferrari,s seem to have the edge on them ...

Let the RSR lose the restrictor and the story might end differently ...

3 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Let the RSR lose the restrictor and the story might end differently ...

They are have restrictors file:///G:/Personal/My%20Pictures/Cars/FinalBoP.pdf

Maybe the Porsche needs less of one.....

• 2 weeks later...

“A normally aspirated engine still fits a sports car. You cannot achieve the same with a turbocharged engine.”

says the decision to shun turbocharging for its most collectable sports cars “is mainly driven by emissions regulations” and that Porsche will hold out “as long as we can”.

Begs the question as to why they were so quick to shift camp on the Carrera range then......

The thing that concerns me most is the look of the rear end in that particular spy shot! ;)

Seems not long ago the other models like Cayenne and Pana modeled their look and styling cues from the 911. Now it seems that the 911 is getting it's influence from them..

I do have faith though that they'll prevail. They always do!

3 hours ago, Allan 968 said:

Porsche's Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser at the Bathurst has denied the next generation cars will be all turbocharged.

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/porsche-to-maintain-911-tradition--as-long-as-we-can--117255.html?trackLink=homePageNews1

Looks more like the hope of one person. So it would seem there is significant pressure from within to change to a Turbo.

Walliser said the next-gen car’s engine is “in the right place... it’s in the back”, and that he hopes to retain screaming naturally aspirated power for the motorsport-inspired 911 GT3 and GT3 RS.

“I would like to continue with it – it makes the car unique, it’s still a light engine,” Walliser says.

30 minutes ago, 911 Snake said:

The thing that concerns me most is the look of the rear end in that particular spy shot! ;)

Seems not long ago the other models like Cayenne and Pana modeled their look and styling cues from the 911. Now it seems that the 911 is getting it's influence from them..

I do have faith though that they'll prevail. They always do!

Porsche styling of late has lost it's way.... the GT2 RS looks like the love child of a Gemballa and Ruf.... The front "non" grill of the Cayenne is hideous.... they just seem to add of tacky bits left, right and centre..... 

Archived