981 Cayman S Manual sales numbers - KNOWN

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

The only good thing about owning a manual is theft protection.  These kids that steal them do not understand why there are 3 pedals and no D or P on the gear stick.  They probably look at a manual and think that it only can go backwards as there is only on R on the gear stick.

I would have thought that given the manual is so slow they would be easy for the cops to chase down even in a Camry.?

36 minutes ago, Redracn said:

I would have thought that given the manual is so slow they would be easy for the cops to chase down even in a Camry.?

Al, gives us old manual dinosaurs a break, while both legs are working we need to keep up the exercise. 

1 minute ago, GC9911 said:

Al, gives us old manual dinosaurs a break, while both legs are working we need to keep up the exercise. 

Now G I am doing you a favor? After all to much exercise of only one leg and you wont be able to walk in a straight line. Certain crustaceans and tennis players suffer from a similar issue. Left foot brake and right foot accel should do the trick.

Yes I know I should not be picking on the manual clutch using minorities? but hey why not given the false claim that only manual shifters are enthusiasts. 

I loved my CGTS manual which was a daily driver.  In a sports car (not a track car) I think PDK loses the appeal.  I love being able to drive by the throttle and engine braking that a manual gives you, which PDK can't.  I also hate the way PDK freewheels when you want engine braking.  However I do understand why PDK appeals to many (lazy) people. :) 

However even though manual is rare, it doesn't make it more sought after, especially when the car is relatively new.  This changes as the cars get older, take 997.1 turbos for example, autos always take longer to sell and are cheaper than the manual variants. 

7 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I loved my CGTS manual which was a daily driver.  In a sports car (not a track car) I think PDK loses the appeal.  I love being able to drive by the throttle and engine braking that a manual gives you, which PDK can't.  I also hate the way PDK freewheels when you want engine braking.  However I do understand why PDK appeals to many (lazy) people. :) 

However even though manual is rare, it doesn't make it more sought after, especially when the car is relatively new.  This changes as the cars get older, take 997.1 turbos for example, autos always take longer to sell and are cheaper than the manual variants. 

Do you need a hand throwing petrol onto the fire, I think you’ve got it in hand but sing out if you need assistance.

11 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I loved my CGTS manual which was a daily driver.  In a sports car (not a track car) I think PDK loses the appeal.  I love being able to drive by the throttle and engine braking that a manual gives you, which PDK can't.  I also hate the way PDK freewheels when you want engine braking.  However I do understand why PDK appeals to many (lazy) people. :) . 

Yep coasting/sailing or whatever they call it is annoying rubbish but you do know that if you push the sport button PDK will give direct connection to the engine exactly like a so called manual box as the PDK is really an automated manual. So “PDK can”. Or is the laziness not pushing a button. Or drive a 997.2 or 987.2 or 991GT3 which don't have the Econo crap.

9 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

Do you need a hand throwing petrol onto the fire, I think you’ve got it in hand but sing out if you need assistance.

Now G some of us know to stand well back when dealing with volatile substances. 

• 4 years later...