Wheeler Dealers..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who dont know "Wheeler Dealers" is on Foxtel.............EVERY NIGHT :D .

This show has nearly cost me my marriage!

lol, i'm not allowed to watch it anymore.. i have to record and watch when the boss is out :D

Amanda and everyone else, I found and downloaded the Ferrari episodes last night, plus the Porsche 911, 944 & 914. I've got the 928 espisode queued (it's a little slow! The download, not the car!). If you want details, best do this off list as it requires an eye patch, peg leg and a barrel or rum! Send me a PM.

• 1 year later...

I don't like how he never ever includes Ed's labour costs in his expense list! That and they make so little on each car, if they added in labour, 99% of the cars would be done at a loss.

In saying that I still watch.

Cheers Al

yeah but I think it's designed to be something a home garage can do (they covered this in the first few episodes and have never mentioned it since)

I have a mate who does the same thing, buys from auctions and spruces them up and sells them

he does one a week and makes quite a good living from it

yeah but I think it's designed to be something a home garage can do 

Including some (quite a few) things requiring a hoist. Plus they farm a lot of work out. 

The 928 got the $love,  but they didn't do the critical service i.e timing belt , water pump etc on a car that had been sitting for years.

Critical to get the mechanical/ safety bits right before applying cosmetics. Unless you are a flipper/shyster . Then , selling a "home fixed" car with dangerous faults won't keep you awake at night.

They have to keep it interesting and entertaining, we'd get bored seeing him put a new seat cover on every week, or just see him do brake pads and a subsequent bleed!  So I'm sure they try and mix it up a bit and not show it all.

It's deffo a show designed for the home mechanic or wannabe home mechanic IMHO

So I've now watched it.  If the rims could be so rotten and the back plate on the brakes - how come there's not more rot?  There have to be more right?

Car looked good at the end.  But I still can't believe there wasn't more nasty things wrong with it than we saw :unsure:

Also Ed did say that the things he replaced are all do it at home mechanics stuff (maybe not the variocam bit tho). So I think thats definitely the angle the shows aims for.

I haven't seen the 993 ep. yet but I think I'm right in saying the show is "entertainment". There's not a lot of real how-to content. Just a matter of time before loud mouth pommy git blows up and mr orange pants does his valuation. They all start to feel the same unfortunately.

I haven't seen the 993 ep. yet but I think I'm right in saying the show is "entertainment". There's not a lot of real how-to content. Just a matter of time before loud mouth pommy git blows up and mr orange pants does his valuation. They all start to feel the same unfortunately.

there is still some useful 'how to' stuff (every now and then) things like fitting the nut to the end of the thread when you're using a puller so it doesn't fly off and hit you, or how to remove the rear wheel bearings on an Alpine A110 or how to change body panels on a Citroen DS - all interesting stuff (to me anyway, but I'm a bit of a car nerd)

one thing that it has taught me is to never, ever, under any circumstances buy an english import. To have a car in australia in the condition of that 993 underneath would be virtually impossible. I have seen flood damaged statutory write offs that looked like museum pieces compared to some of the shitters that they work on . Having said that I love the show and have picked up some usefull tips from it

I'm sure there is some good UK Imports - like the one I sat next to yesterday. David and Sandras lovely 930.  This car was from the UK and was just a total stunner.  Just need to ensure you find those gems that have been stored in winter and really loved. 

They did a TVR on the show last night on Discovery Turbo. Had to replace the whole chassis and all the suspension amongst other things. Would have taken them a good week if not more to do all the work and he still claimed a 1000 pound profit. LOL what a lark, the labour alone would have been worth more than what he got for the entire car.

Archived