Toy planes the next level

I was badly affected for a long time too and was only saved by a 911. 

It all got a bit stressful in the end as they were either fast, crashed or on fire.  Often all three!

My favourites were the small geared folding prop composites like this one:

Peter I was BIG into hotliners.. the last one I had, was the FVK Kamelot which I imported a few in from Germany. Hacker B50 6S and a 16 "oversquare"prop.. the noise at launch was crazy due to cavitation. Power in excess of 2 kW.. 

Yes, that is me that the plane is running away from very rapidly!

Spent a lot of effort on foamies too.  They all start as cheap toy planes:

I think I've still got the world's fastest Stryker Q with a two way average of 199mph measured by Doppler shift to remove the triangulation error inherent with radar guns.

4 hours ago, Peter M said:

I was badly affected for a long time too and was only saved by a 911. 

It all got a bit stressful in the end as they were either fast, crashed or on fire.  Often all three!

My favourites were the small geared folding prop composites like this one:

I remember when I saw my first F5B when we had a visit from a German guy who was in Oz for the World Champs (many, many years ago).  Absolutely amazed by the unlimited vertical on that - and this was back in Nicad days too!!  I used to hang around with a group of glider guiders, but was never very good.  RES electric gliders were good though as it meant you didn;t have to worry about a winch.  I actually established a business called Oz E-Flight and used to supply a lot of electric stuff via one of the first Oz based on-line shops.  I used to import Astroflight stuff from the US and Orbit highend chargers from the motherland.  I still have a few electrics out in the garage, as I can fly from just behind my house now.  However, am thinking about getting rid of them now as I never seem to find time to play with them since I got into P cars.  I seem to be either tinkering, driving or on bloody PFA!!! :lol:

9 hours ago, Pokiou said:

you'd like my garage. Barely any room to move with the car and all the RC scale planes in there lol.

You must obviously have a large daily that can fit such things, certainly I could just about fit my good old Radian in my 996 and that's about it....

14 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

You must obviously have a large daily that can fit such things, certainly I could just about fit my good old Radian in my 996 and that's about it....

So far i've been able to fit a 1.8m PC9 and a 1.5 meter Tigermoth a, .60size F4u Corsair. The frunk holds the batteries and controller and starter and Nitro and Normal Fuel. lol It's a mission to get stuff in and out. But all those years of Tetris taught me well lol

1 hour ago, Mike D'Silva said:

Pictures please !

Sure, how do i post a picture without the size limit. I need a good hosting site :(

Archived