So I left my car in a car park tonight for 30mins .....

sleazius

Definitely worth paying your excess for that repair. Bumper, tail lights and window rubbers need to come out to do it properly. If you get choice of repairer, Ron Goodman is a good bet. He needs to pay for another race car ;) 

The Kid says

Mate I feel for you, that sucks.

I haven't finished the resto on the HERETIC and recently some stoner in a Kombi backed into it!

Its now back at Skunkwerks to get repaired.

Stoner had no insurance and surprise surprise is skint! 

2 hours ago, Okrasa Kid said:

The Kid says

I haven't finished the resto on the HERETIC and recently some stoner in a Kombi backed into it!

He HAD a Kombie. ?

10 hours ago, Okrasa Kid said:

Take out a lein on the kombi. 

In reality the dent is not the issue the guy I use would get that out easily. Its the paint thats hard to tell from the photo's. 

Red and Yellow are monsters to colour match, I cannot stress enough that you must discuss this upfront with your choice of repair centre. 

Previous comments about blending down the side of the car are pretty spot on. 

17 hours ago, firstone said:

Looks malicious to me. Like a golf club?

Dent is probably the same height as the lower front corner of one of these small style trolleys with a bit of force used.

ST71DS_web.jpg

Some people are just c@#ts!

It was likely a ute (or a trolley). You can't see it in the photos, but there is a very faint silver/grey transfer in part of the dent.

Just an update, there is no CCTV footage. It was parked in a council car park while I ate Thai, only took the car because my son asked to go in the Porsche whilst meeting the wife and the rest of the kids there. For those who asked me where it happened I'd rather not say as I don't want to perpetuate stereotypes, however I've parked this car in that car park probably 50 times over the 3 years I daily drove the vehicle with no problems.

In looking at the dent closely it doesn't appear to be inflicted with a screwdriver or a hammer or anything like that, there is a definite colour transfer rub, so it is much more likely that it was just some git who backed into the car, got out, saw what it was, and got the hell out of there. Doesn't make it any less of a dog act imo.

I've got choice of repairer so I'll start those enquiries tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the condolences! Thankfully it is just a car, and not something to lose sleep over (although I did wake up the morning after FUMING ?).

I feel your pain my friend ........why are people just such Shit these days ..........I hope the repairs go well ,,,,,very frustrating to see damage done like that to such a unique car ,,,just out of spite ,,,,A HOLES :angry:

1 hour ago, Raven said:

I feel your pain my friend ........why are people just such Shit these days ..........I hope the repairs go well ,,,,,very frustrating to see damage done like that to such a unique car ,,,just out of spite ,,,,A HOLES :angry:

IMHO, There’s definately a level of frustration/envy/hate in some people for what they don’t have & therefore how dare you have it. How hard you toiled to achieve really doesn’t come into their thinking. Personal opinion, of course.

On 6/19/2018 at 6:33 PM, Okrasa Kid said:

Tough shit, take his kombi and sell it to cover repairs. If he can afford weed and petrol, he can afford to throw you a few dollars. Wanker

Archived