992 AU launch

Tips

Article on the media launch day at the bend for the 992. @itsujack GT3 touring mate Webber was there as expected.

Any Syd folk attending the PCNSW club meeting 992 launch session on Tuesday at PCSS? 

http://www.executivestyle.com.au/porsches-new-911-the-most-fun-you-can-have-with-your-clothes-on-h1d6bl

the boys preping the launch car last week - chalk😍

99C0C794-7E36-4685-B3F3-AEBD4ECCC106.jpeg

1 minute ago, itsujack said:

I have the PCNSW launch in my calendar, hoping to get along for a look if nothing else pops up.

Thinking the same I haven’t been to a club night so might make this the first. 

They had an S and 4S  at the C&C at Newport on the weekend so got to have a good look. I like the new dash, centre console seems wider creating a more snug driving positioning, which felt good.

anyone going tomorrow night @itsujack @daveyoul

9 hours ago, Tips said:

They had an S and 4S  at the C&C at Newport on the weekend so got to have a good look. I like the new dash, centre console seems wider creating a more snug driving positioning, which felt good.

anyone going tomorrow night @itsujack @daveyoul

I saw it too on the weekend, will see if I finish early enough to make it out tonight.

I’m with you Jad short week and taking time away next week has me burning both ends of the candle right now. Having seen the 992 on the weekend it’s probably more a social visit, so time will be my constraint.

I looked at the 3 they had at PCB on Saturday and came away not overly excited I must admit.  I cannot get the look of a Nissan 370Z out of my mind.  It looks so much like the Nissan from a number of angles.  

Good point. I know when the second gen cayenne was launched I was thinking Kluger every time I saw one. I’m sure others loved it, must have they sold a bunch.

the 992 for me is another modern Porsche and looking at the S2 and S4 next to each other there was little difference visually due to everything having big hips (😍) unlike prior models where it’s was Narrow hips in the lower spec versions. For me I will be interested to see the GT versions and how they adapt the new look into a raw race presence, or not 😒

Archived