924 CGT Copy

asn993

Need more info and photos .... the link doesn't work.

It's a bit of an oddity ... it looks to be a converted US import. If it's a 944 it won't be a 1978 model, it'll be minimum 1982. If it's a 924, it'll be up to 1982. Being an auto, I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you drive it first and see if you like it ..

Just for your info, a 924 CGT never came in auto ... and were based off the 924 Turbo. This one doesn't have the turbo grills at the front so if it isn't turbocharged, it just a 924 or 944 with rear flares and a bonnet scoop ...

5 minutes ago, asn993 said:

This is a 5 speed manual it's on Marketplace in FB

The first photo in your post says automatic transmission ... the link you posted doesn't go anywhere as it's probably in a closed group .....

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2019 at 06:41, asn993 said:

Apologies for link it is on Gumtree. Here is the sale blurb

Screenshot_2019-04-23-06-39-38.png

Lots of optimistic comments there. For starters it is not a 944 body kit, it must be a CGT kit.  Genuine CGT's sell for a lot more than $90K now, but that's irrelevant as this is nothing more than a no-Turbo 924 auto with some plastic boy racer parts stuck on it.  Might have been worth $7-10K before it was modified, but now not even worth that

Feel there are better 924s out there for that money. If I was going NA, I'd get one of the later ones as they improved galvanising and added improved road noise (by adding sound deadening if I remember correctly).