Thieves

LeeM

Unlike a bloke here with (had) a nice WRX. Meets a 'buyer' at a servo by himself, allows the guy to drive it and pulls up a few kms away where his goon mates are waiting, pull him out, beat him up, bye bye car.

Theres a pair of well known brothers (names escape me) in the Victorian VW scene who scope out old VW's and steal them and/or parts etc. How they haven't been bashed yet I don't know, as a few friends over there are happy to oblige.

Nowadays if I want to sell anything, I'd rather take less money and sell it to Crime Converters

It's hard to believe that people are still losing their cars to guys like this ..

My rule is simple .... cash or cleared funds in my account and you can have the keys. This includes waiting 3 days for a bank cheque to clear (unless I am in the bank with you seeing them issue the cheque) ... if that doesn't suit then there are other cars to buy ... 

19 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Unlike a bloke here with (had) a nice WRX. Meets a 'buyer' at a servo by himself, allows the guy to drive it and pulls up a few kms away where his goon mates are waiting, pull him out, beat him up, bye bye car.

Theres a pair of well known brothers (names escape me) in the Victorian VW scene who scope out old VW's and steal them and/or parts etc. How they haven't been bashed yet I don't know, as a few friends over there are happy to oblige.

Nowadays if I want to sell anything, I'd rather take less money and sell it to Crime Converters

Novac's..........

I agree with all the above comments.  What moron would sell a car and take a personal cheque.  Bank cheque, cash or money transferred into account thanks.  When I see the funds in the account then here are the keys.

Not even a news worthy story.  Headline should have read "Idiot takes personal cheque and now has learned a valuable lesson"

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

I hadn't heard of this - and i've been around the Melb VW scene for quite a few years now.
I know a VW mechanic in geelong who posted some photos of an engine he had in his shed on some VW pages and a couple of weeks later he was broken into.

After that I'm very careful about what i post, as you never know who is lurking.

20 minutes ago, AdRock said:

I hadn't heard of this - and i've been around the Melb VW scene for quite a few years now.
I know a VW mechanic in geelong who posted some photos of an engine he had in his shed on some VW pages and a couple of weeks later he was broken into.

After that I'm very careful about what i post, as you never know who is lurking.

I know of who you are talking about re the engine mate. Ofcourse nothing is guaranteed and nothing can be proven, yet I'm pretty sure the individuals in question were the first ones blamed for it.

They need a beating. No cops, no talking to, just a beating

11 hours ago, LeeM said:

You've got to wonder. Know if I'm selling anything, I'd meet someone somewhere with a friend in tow and a bat easily accessible 

I wondered why you were carrying that bat around when I met you in Adelaide. Makes sense now. 😂