Should I buy this cheap 911C2S?

THQ

Hi, this is a 991.1 3.8L for a good price. Only downside is that it's 2011 and a UK import and highish kms. I heard resale pretty bad on UK imports.  Are they also built differently to Australian ones?  If there is no rust is it ok?  Upside is still another 1.5y of Porsche warranty.  Thank you.

Check out this 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S 991 Auto. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-991-Auto/OAG-AD-17013554

I'm not too in touch with the 991 market, but it seems there is a number of Australian delivered 991.1 S cars in the $140k~ bracket. 

Based on that, I'd suggest circa 10% discount is not enough for the import status, vintage & miles. 

The smart money would surely negotiate on an Aus car of a later build, that way you have more years to extend factory warranty too. 

20-30% is what I got told several years ago by a dealer on most modern Pcar RHD imports but especially UK. You can be sure if you were trading this car in the dealer would use this to the max.

The other option is to look at UK prices for same & offer similar. 

14 minutes ago, Arnage said:

20-30% is what I got told several years ago by a dealer on most modern Pcar RHD imports but especially UK. You can be sure if you were trading this car in the dealer would use this to the max.

The other option is to look at UK prices for same & offer similar. 

UK price is probably ~$90k, range is £45-55k for a 3.8 2012 S. Interested to know the Porsche warranty is worldwide?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906068736065?transmission=Automatic&minimum-badge-engine-size=3.5&radius=1500&year-to=2013&maximum-mileage=60000&model=911&year-from=2011&postcode=sk96lj&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=sponsored&keywords=S&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&make=PORSCHE&page=1

Dove House are a good benchmark, friends have bought several cars from there (Fezza’s & Astons)

I’ve been watching this one myself & have tracked it come down from an originally optimistic circa $145K asking price.

Based on options, km’s, colour combo, I reckon it is getting close to fair value.

Provided it stacks up mechanically & rust-free,  I’d  be throwing in an opening offer at $115K & see where it goes.

9 hours ago, THQ said:

.... Are they also built differently to Australian ones?....

Some obvious changes would be RHD or LHD, perhaps some bumper cosmetics or internal finishes but in essence the only way to make money on a mass production scale is homogeneous product.  The cars will be pretty similar if not identical to those in other countries, certainly in this vintage... Build values for different countries pre 1980s did exist but again usually mostly cosmetic and then safety features the further back in time you go (seat belts being an obvious one).

It needs to be understood that all Porsche cars that are in use outside of Germany have been exported and thus all those in Australia are imported, I don't see why anyone would be concerned about this but they are. The stigma attached to these private import cars is a negative.  Hell, even a private import Mitsubishi Evo 3-7 has no negative stigma. 

A private import collectible is seen differently for some reason yet the underlying 'it's a dirty import' still exists.

If you like it, get it checked out and if okay buy it. It could be discounted on purchase and of course it is likely to be discounted on the next purchase as well (that is when you sell it).  That should not matter too much given you'll have bought it cheaper than the other official channel imports 😄

Thanks everyone for their advice.

So I guess this one would be better value even though it's almost 20% more expensive - 150k at Dutton's, Aus delivered with only 19k on the clock.  Downside is no sports exhaust though.  Not sure how much an aftermarket one would cost.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-porsche-911-carrera-s-991-auto/OAG-AD-17241466/?Cr=7

10 hours ago, SSM said:

Don't buy a car from Duttons EVER!!

I thought when I first looked at that 911 online I thought it may have been an import. From memory those rims weren't an option over here (someone correct me 😆) and I'm almost sure we didn't get that style of steering wheel without buttons over here.

Steering wheel and wheels were available in Australia.  My 991.1 had the same wheel but I had SC so it had the launch lights and PDK plastic bit on top of the wheel.