https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-Porsche-911-GT2-996-Manual-MY02/OAG-AD-18326124?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-18326124

Gt2 996 with circa 1500km . That's not easy to do, circa  average  of 80km a year I reckon.  Annual spin to the dealer for a stamp and a weekly milk run with the engine left idling whilst parked at best. Looking forward to seeing the font size on the custom plates or is that just a bit of puffery  Whats the odds of a boost leak after a couple of 0.9 bar  high revving third gear pulls in succession for the next owner or will they just settle for  the annual routine and leave it in vacuum only mode.

It’s probably ruined from sitting idle for almost 20 years.  Why oh why would you buy a $400k car and then never drive it 🤔

This one is really exceptional good value 😂 .   Only 40k kms, club sport interior (a must in these cars) and later wheels for over $100k less.

6xejn5itd7fo2b2m32sw02akc.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2002 Porsche 911 GT2 996 Manual MY02

• 40,093 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 6cyl 3.6L T Petrol

Dealer Used

For more information on this item please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-Porsche-911-GT2-996-Manual-MY02/OAG-AD-17247593

2 hours ago, DJM said:

It’s probably ruined from sitting idle for almost 20 years.  Why oh why would you buy a $400k car and then never drive it 🤔

This one is really exceptional good value 😂 .   Only 40k kms, club sport interior (a must in these cars) and later wheels for over $100k less.

6xejn5itd7fo2b2m32sw02akc.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2002 Porsche 911 GT2 996 Manual MY02

• 40,093 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 6cyl 3.6L T Petrol

Dealer Used

For more information on this item please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-Porsche-911-GT2-996-Manual-MY02/OAG-AD-17247593

I just gotta ask. This car (or a similar advert from a dealer I can't quite place), has been advertised for about a year or more at that price and I've always thought its really quite cheap for what it is.... I can't work out why it hasn't sold. Any thoughts?

I think that one at CTS has been around much longer than a year, I could be wrong, but they might of even had it since 2016? 

It is a killer spec though! CS + PCCB ... I think we will look back in 10-15 years and be a little pissy we didn't buy it... very low volume cars the 996 GT2 

8 minutes ago, edgy said:

I think that one at CTS has been around much longer than a year, I could be wrong, but they might of even had it since 2016? 

It is a killer spec though! CS + PCCB ... I think we will look back in 10-15 years and be a little pissy we didn't buy it... very low volume cars the 996 GT2 

Exactly my thoughts Edgy ..... Maybe people scared of the widow maker hahahha?

22 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

I just gotta ask. This car (or a similar advert from a dealer I can't quite place), has been advertised for about a year or more at that price and I've always thought its really quite cheap for what it is.... I can't work out why it hasn't sold. Any thoughts?

Low demand.  Everyone wants a GT3, not the faster, less revs, less noise and apparently scary GT2.

22 hours ago, edgy said:

Pretty sure same car has been there for ages and got as high as 389k

29 Aus delivered cars and several written off means maybe 1 of 20 and probably less than half that for a CS.

Tiff liked it

This looks like me on Reefton Spur in the wet 😂

https://youtu.be/-Ynhe80WsEM

3 hours ago, DJM said:

Low demand.  Everyone wants a GT3, not the faster, less revs, less noise and apparently scary GT2.

29 Aus delivered cars and several written off means maybe 1 of 20 and probably less than half that for a CS.

Tiff liked it

Yeh but that ones a light weight compared to yours to the tune of about 100hp/ 100ftlb of tq and a few psi of boost less

59 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Yeh but that ones a light weight compared to yours to the tune of about 100hp/ 100ftlb of tq and a few psi of boost less

Yeah, they’re underpowered stock......😂

8 hours ago, DJM said:

Tiff liked it

And me behind you in my 996T 😂

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

And me behind you in my 996T 😂

Haha, that was my first decent drive of the GT2, it was wet and slippery you were punting pretty hard in your tweaked 996 TT (with the comfort of AWD, SC, TC) and there’s me pedalling hard (RWD, no SC, no TC) trying to keep up and keep it on the black stuff.  A hairy ride and in hindsight quite irresponsible albeit very memorable.  I remember you saying your TC light was blinking the whole way.  By contrast I had white knuckles and gritted teeth to rely on 😂.

That was the issue with that car, it was boring at low speed but up on its toes it was great but by then you were at warp speed.

10 hours ago, DJM said:

Haha, that was my first decent drive of the GT2, it was wet and slippery you were punting pretty hard in your tweaked 996 TT (with the comfort of AWD, SC, TC) and there’s me pedalling hard (RWD, no SC, no TC) trying to keep up and keep it on the black stuff.  A hairy ride and in hindsight quite irresponsible albeit very memorable.  I remember you saying your TC light was blinking the whole way.  By contrast I had white knuckles and gritted teeth to rely on 😂.

That was the issue with that car, it was boring at low speed but up on its toes it was great but by then you were at warp speed.

Lol.. that was a lot of fun, at least were I was sitting 😂.

Nice bit of driving Doug, especially considering how new the car ownership was.

Funny, I'm quicker in my GT4 with hardly ever seeing any TC light coming on.