Full B12hr broadcast team confirmed

Airhead

From the Liqui-moly Bathurst 12 Hour website.

THE FULL roster of on-air talent for the biggest weekend of Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour coverage yet has been announced. 

1994 Bathurst 12 Hour winner and Supercars hall-of-famer Neil Crompton will join an international broadcast team for more than 20 hours of streaming and broadcast coverage this weekend.

Qualifying and the Top-10 shootout will be broadcast exclusively live on Fox Sports 506 on Saturday, 1 February while the race itself will be shown ad-break free on Fox Sports and on free-to-air on 7Mate this Sunday.

Crompton and Fox Sports’ Chris Stubbs will anchor Saturday’s coverage, while Seven’s Mark Beretta will join the duo for Sunday’s extensive race coverage across both networks.

12-Hour commentary will come from John Hindhaugh, Richard Craill and Jonny Palmer, while Chad Neylon, Shea Adam and Charli Robinson will cover pit lane activities throughout the weekend – to be joined on Sunday by Neil Crompton.

Streaming of support categories and the final Bathurst 12 Hour practice session will commence at 7:20am on Saturday prior to the coverage on Fox Sports starting at 12:30pm local time, running through to 6:00pm. Sunday’s coverage commences at 5:30am and runs through to 6:00pm local time.

Fox Sports Head of Television, Steve Crawley, said: “Our car racing continues to deliver in a big way with record ratings and stimulating competition, so we continue to build it. The Bathurst 12 Hour is a most welcome addition for our customers.”

Commenting on the agreement, Lewis Martin, Managing Director Seven Melbourne and Head of Network Sport, Seven, said: “We’ve always been passionate about motorsport at Seven, so we’re thrilled to be broadcasting the Bathurst 12 Hour race in 2020.”

COVERAGE GUIDE:
All times are Australian Eastern Daylight Savings time

Friday, 31 January 2020

Bathurst 12 Hour Practice sessions – Live audio on Radiolemans.com

Saturday, 1 February 2020

07:20 – 11:15 – Streaming coverage of Bathurst 12 Hour practice and support races
1230 – 18:00 – Bathurst 12 Hour qualifying 1&2, Support races, Top-10 shootout live on Fox Sports 506 / Sky Sports NZ
(Streaming coverage of qualifying, supports and shootout on Kayo Sports in Australia and Bathurst12hour.com.au in International markets)

Sunday, 2 February 2020

05:30am – 6:00pm – Bathurst 12 Hour race live on Fox Sports 506, 7mate in Australia and Sky Sports NZ.
(Streaming coverage on Kayo Sports / 7plus in Australia and Bathurst12hour.com.au in International markets) 

Craillsy is a brilliant commentator. He's a Porsche nut who does the Carrera Cup here and Shannons Nationals. Also owns a 944.

Crompton is good, but bloody annoying on the V8 telecast when he's interviewing people

I'm really looking forward to this one, as there are some Aussies in Porsches that have a very good chance at winning it. I'm hoping Matt Campbell wins again, though it would be great to see Lowndes on the podium too.

14 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Craillsy is a brilliant commentator. He's a Porsche nut who does the Carrera Cup here and Shannons Nationals. Also owns a 944.

You are right - listening to the Daytona coverage, I was really impressed by the commentary team's knowledge re WEC.  Not so sure about Beretta though....

2 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Not so sure about Beretta though....

He's probably there for the channel 7 component I'd say.

The whole Shannons Nationals commentary team, Craillsy, Greg Rust, Aaron Noonan, Matt Nulty and the stupendously lovely Emma Notafrancesco, are the best in the business, and I reckon they should be doing all the work at the 12 hour in my opinion.

Did I mention Emma? She's lovely 😁

12 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Come on @tomo you can do better than that mate.

I did ask her at The Bend if she wanted to take my air cooled for a spin, though she was busy...and probably thought I was a stalker...which I was...😍

20200130-112954.jpg

Short notice Mate ,  But you have got it covered .😊

67136099_2302981466484378_6773220690495492037_n.jpg

Porsches a little of the pace for todays practice sessions ..

888 Mercedes-AMG Team Triple Eight S.van Gisbergen/ J.Whincup/M.Goetz Mercedes AMG GT3 6208 PRO P4 2:03.9649*

4 Team Australia Grove Racing S.Grove/B.Grove/ B.Barker Porsche GT3 R 4000 PAM P4 2:05.0264 0:01.0615

1 Earl Bamber Motorsport E.Bamber/L.Vanthoor/ C.Lowndes Porsche GT3 R 4000 PRO P2 2:05.1935 0:01.2286

912  Absolute Racing                D.Werner/M.Cairoli/     
                                        T.Preining               Porsche GT3 R        4000  PRO         P4  2:05.7713  0:01.8064
19  911  Absolute Racing                M.Jaminet/P.Pilet/      
                                        M.Campbell               Porsche GT3 R        4000  PRO         P3  2:05.7764  0:01.8115

12 NED Racing Team D.Calvert-Jones/R.Dumas/ J.Evans Porsche GT3 R 4000 PAM P3 2:06.1785 0:02.2136

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/637729803/object_56460.83j/Result?14

4 hours ago, Airhead said:

Great job by Bentley No. 7  Shame about car 8s puncture when they were back at the pointy end.

@LeeM Can you please put in a quote with the organsors to build a bigger podium for next year.

Like most here I wanted a Porsche victory ,,,but I am happy to see the Bentley get it ,,,they drove a good race and deserved the win ,,,,the race pace this year was really fast especially the last couple of hours ,,some of the lap times were incredible when you consider how hard they had been for the previous 10 hours ..

On 01/02/2020 at 16:11, Raven said:

Last practice session porsche on top of the times  in the low 2.03 ,,,and we have had some locals causings track issues .......:Jumping:

bathurst-12-hour-a-kangaroo-o-1.jpg

images-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Well they did have roos painted on the side of the Porsche 😊

13 hours ago, Airhead said:

Can you please put in a quote with the organsors to build a bigger podium for next year.

You'd think they'd have that sorted given Bathurst hosts a number of enduros with multiple drivers.

To those there in person, were the cars rather quiet, or was the TV broadcast not up to scratch? Couldn't hear them very well - particularly over that pommy geezer!

Nothing in any of the news-sites (Age, ABC, News.com.au) on the race yesterday, whereas this was sold by all commentators and drivers yesterday as 'internationally one of the big GT races'. ?? What am I missing here?

Good race by the way, and deserved win for Bentley, but man, what would've/could've been if that rain had come down 2 hours earlier...

@patrick911

From what I've read here n there, it's the international drivers who rate the Bathurst 12 hour highly as a big event, more for it's history as a track than the race itself. Many of them have watched the V8's over the years and have wanted to drive there, so maybe it's more of a novelty than anything else. They have to put up with driving the same boring old circuits in Europe, like Spa, Nurburgring and Hockenheim (sarcasm), and Bathurst is just something new, yet some of the drivers were very animated in saying it's the best track in the world and very tough physically.

I think the commentators are told to say that about the event, yet they also speak highly of the place (Craillsy is a local SA lad and Porsche nut, so he would say that anyway).

As a whole, I thought the coverage was great and at times very exciting racing, and even though I'm not much of a fan of endurance racing because of the strategic side of it and not fender bashing racing, I enjoyed it