When did Porsche stop option stickers on bonnet underside

550Spyder

I am used to (air cooled) Porsches having a factory applied sticker on the underside of the front bonnet detailing VIN, engine number, gearbox number and the factory fitted options. In my experience the same stickers appear in the service log book.

i have always regarded the sticker as the 'cannery in the cage' in terms of no sticker = good chance of a frontal accident, or at best a respray that for some reason was so through it required the removal of the sticker / bonnet has been replaced.

in recent weeks I have realised that 981 Boxsters don't have these stickers on the bonnet underside and am looking at photos of a 987 Boxster that doesn't appear to have one either.

(1) what year Boxsters do have under bonnet option stickers (if any)

(2) if not attached under the bonnet do they still have them attached to the front of the service log book you get stamped by the dealer?

(3) if not 1 or 2, how do you easily assertain what the factory fitted options were from a private seller other than calling Porsche with the VIN?

This is a question I have been unsuccessful in finding the answer to also, its been driving me mad! 

My 996 had it, my 986 has it, my 2007 GT3 doesn't... it is in the books as stated, but fro memory so did the 996/986 

The reason may simply be due to growth in the available range of options on the later model cars - my car has 40+ options so I suspect the “sticker” may look more like a “poster” if they still followed the previous practice!