One of Sir Jacks last rides. March 2014

Had the pleasure to meet and spend a little time with Jack and Roy Salvadori in the WGR  pit during Bathurst some years ago (‘99).  He was a hard man of few words,  Roy on the other hand was full of life.  Brabham jnr was co-driving with Mr Gardner.  Two sympathetic characters...   Both their autographs on a team pass somewhere buried in a cardboard box.

And a story from my younger days.....I started work at my first job at Repco in Footscray, the day after I turned 14.  (1964)

( I  left school the day I turned 14, I was obviously wasting everyones time there including mine)  

I eventually graduated from the order department and front counter to duties in the workshop counter out the back around the 1966 mark.

REPCO BRABHAM or their engine development section was situated in Maidstone, a couple of miles away (ha ha sorry for the old terminology you young whipper snappers) 

I remember the gurus Phil Irvine and others would bring the nude blocks of the Repco Brabham into our workshop where we would bore and hone the cylinders.

They would rush in, we would drop everything, clear the boring machine of whatever was getting done, drop the engine in and carry out the instructions, with the "engine Borer" having two or three sets of eyes over his shoulder as he did the job for them.

For a 16 year old this was very exciting, then of course they went on to win the World Championship, and in our own little way we all felt a sense of achievement and pride to know we had a little bit of input into it.

Great days, and to think of how the workshop was back then, being nothing flash, with just normal workers doing the job.

Compared to what obviously would be happening today.

3 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

That brabham is the stuff of boyhood dreams absolute art on wheels. Love that car what I'd give to drive it

Beautiful car. A mate just sold his ex Frank Williams Brabham BT21 to a big time collector in Tasmania