New member shout out Brisbane coupe and cayenne owner

Boxer

Hi all,

Yet another Pf'er introduced to the site through acquaintances there.

Am a recent Porsche owner having this v and this v since mid last year.

Love the contrast in driving them back to back. The Cayenne an MY10 Diesel a fantastic daily with all the appointments of a Luxo SUV, but far more spirited than anything else in its class to punt around some twisties if so inclined. The 3.2 Carrera I'm sure needs no introduction amongst this group, I expect most members have experienced all that is early 911 owenership. A great 'project toy' to keep for occasional drives - mine is very original and I plan to keep it that way. Only travelled 117k with full Aust history. Still plently to keep myself amused with it - new Bilsteins just wnet in, along with tierods. Have restored all the shifting linkages, fixed a broken odo (broke after I owned it, so not a concern for more than indicated kms) and replaced factory Cassette deck (still working fine) with a Bluetooth JVC unit, but made it easy to slot back in the original.

post-1060-0-33393100-1355878571_thumb.jp

post-1060-0-30899100-1355878575_thumb.jp

Ah-so.... I have to admit I was having a derrr moment not knowing who PF was... other than porsche forum!

Welcome one and and all, and obviously I'll shut up with trying to foster the SMT idea, you've obviously got it covered!

LOVING the Martini car, might be a good omen for the "re-badging" of the forum that I'm doing over the break...

;)

Kerry

Welcome Boxer,

Looking forward to your posts, saw a few of yours

on PF Including the speedo rebuild great stuff.

Cheers

Steve.

Thanks Steve

Hmm a few lurkers over on PF eh! :) Glad you liked it, more to come, the build thread over there is ongoing. Having fun (read headaches) at the moment over ride heights since the new Bilsteins.

Welcome aboard, Boxer. I saw your avatar on PF-very cool. Put it on here too if you can.

Done

Where did you find your C3.2? In Brisbane, or did you have to travel further afield?

I had to look far and wide and I did a few flights interstate for test drives and inspections. Found this one in Sydney and drove it home. Like many older classics there are some good and not so good examples out there ;)

Did someone say Red :)

Welcome Boxer, great car the Cayenne...have a new disel on the radar in the near future, would love to hear more on how they drive...

OK should probably write a report in a new thread, but the Cayenne is a great drive.....in context for what it is. I have owned a couple of fast 'family' cars the last before the Cayenne a Gen5 Liberty STi wagon and all of them have been modified. When time came to replace the Liberty I really struggled to find something to live up to its drive experience and practicality with room for kids, bikes etc. I didn't want a sedan - so what does that leave? An Audi RS4 was out of the budget as was BMW335. The Cayenne was a surprise package, the first SUV that you could punt around corners with composure and not feel like a boat about to tip. The diesel is very responsive and has the hallmarks of a Porsche tune (obviously Audi/VW derived engine). Its funny for sharing the same platform the Q7/Toureg and the Cayenne drive very differently. The chassis are built in the same factory and then shipped to their respective manufacturer for all the heart and soul parts. The Cayenne has firm and sport oriented suspension and is more tail-biased than most 4WD's. On the dirt a prod of the loud pedal steps the back out (with PSM switched off). The auto is adaptive learning and responds to your driving style, it is very intelligent and shifts down gears on decel and prepares for corner exits so there is no lag and launches out of apex's.

The new ones are even better with the 8spd auto - same power and torque but over half a second faster 0-100 due to the box

Great all-round car and nets me an av of 9.5lts per 100kms (less than the Liberty). Boot is noticable smaller than some other SUV's though

LOL I've already sent Sam a PM about it.

LOL - its a mass entourage

post-1060-0-08435300-1355913415_thumb.jp

Archived