Wanted! 996 911 in Melbourne Coupe or Cab Auto or Manual

withers

41 minutes ago, ArthurK said:

Congrats on the car Amanda the 996 is a great car especially the 6 speed. I enjoyed driving mine around immensely. Since you are doing some repairs/minor cosmetic changes I would highly recommend the B & M short shifter. It made the gear changes so precise and quick. Only down side was getting it into reverse was a bit stiffer, otherwise the best upgrade I did on mine. 

Also welcome back ;) Any new watches in your collection? 

https://www.supertweaks.com/porsche/porsche-short-shift-kits/porsche-carrera-996-bm-short-shifter-quickshift

Hey Arthur!

Thanks re the short shifter, will keep it in mind!

Watches - hmm other than a Timex Snoopy Marlin, nope!  I have a 114060 Submariner that i got brand new ( minimal begging too) and have a orange 42mm planet ocean. Both those watches just do it for me at this stage.  Everything else is soooo expensive.  Rolex, AP  etc have all gone crazy during COVID and with poor AUD more expensive than ever!  The only watch  wouldn't mind is a Speedy Pro saphire sandwhich.  We shall see...  I think I have plenty of toys now with my latest large purchase :D  

2 hours ago, amanda said:

Thank you so much!

yes I know about the dents and the seat bolster. All good! I paid $40k for it ;)  so I have room in budget to sort those things out. Rear wheels also have some gutter rash too.  Missing vanity mirror door, gear surround worn plastic, broken hinge on console lid. All minor things that don’t matter. 

plus a list of mechanical things 

Everything on the list is minor.  Just that they all add up. Neal and I will go through the list and prioritize the work needed. I want it so I can drive in and out for a RWC. Then off to get her it registered. I’ve got the Euro plates from my old MINI ready to go!!

so excited!!

Nice one Amanda, your price is the market for manual cabs right now 😏. Pick mine up from PCW tomorrow after a major service, relieved being no PPI and no surprises other than 18yo tires 😂. Look forward to your update once delivered.

1 hour ago, Tips said:

Nice one Amanda, your price is the market for manual cabs right now 😏. Pick mine up from PCW tomorrow after a major service, relieved being no PPI and no surprises other than 18yo tires 😂. Look forward to your update once delivered.

Pleased to hear that!  Sounds like you scored well. 

I’ll keep you all posted.